• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who in mass could check 1884 trapdoor

I think it’s absolutely fine. Breech is really tight no movement and barrell is clean. Might snake with a 12 gauge snake little cleaner. But it’s fine

Welcome to NES, but why wait 5 years for the first post???🤔
Because he has my phone number and I usually get these “questions”

I find that sarcastically answering with incorrect but funny answers, insults, and requests for wife access privileges does nothing to stop him, but is mildly entertaining for me.

I find that sarcastically answering with incorrect but funny answers, insults, and requests for wife access privileges does nothing to stop him, but is mildly entertaining for me.
But he seems to be getting the typical NES "welcome". :(

You ask to put your needle in Mrs haystack?

Tie it to a tire and fire it with a lanyard.

Just joking, if you can see daylight through the barrel, it’s fine

Just a couple things to look at with those. Clean bore, tight lockup, look for frozen fireing pin and ejector.make sure hammer locks back into all three positions. Some early demilled were a simple hit with a blowtorch in the chamber. The stock should not have any heavy cracks behind the action. Make sure you run trapdoor load ammunition in it.

Also, smokeless tends to shoot like sh*t in BPCR guns. You want black powder.
it is not a first time i heard this, and always kinda wondered if it is a myth or a fact. why would it be so? what are the physics of this process that results in such outcome?

it is not a first time i heard this, and always kinda wondered if it is a myth or a fact. why would it be so? what are the physics of this process that results in such outcome?
I don't know. I think it might be a combination of projectile weight + big cases that can't be filled with smokeless.

All I know is I have Googled this and every time I come across BPCR forums, most people say they have had worst accuracy with smokeless.

My Sharps with BP and 535gr lead bullets is a lot more accurate than any of the modern 45/70 I own. I never used smokeless in the Sharps.

I have researched into using a duplex load, but couldn't find good data. That is how I usually end up reading about smokeless in BPCR.

If you are operating out of an abundance of caution, and want an irreplaceable firearm gone over, I can only recommend Swift River Gunworks. If its older than him, he's the guy I'd want working on it. The only complaint anyone has anyone had about him is the turnaround time. Which speaks volumes to the quality of his work - not many people can say they've had 10 months of work lined up for the past 15 years. I left my 1952 Stevens Arms Model 94 and a 20 gauge shotgun I can no longer recall. Both came back in like new condition, albeit, 10 months later.

Some of his more recent work

and something from 8 years ago, on a 120 year old pistol.

Yeah but only the Glock 1911 compatible magazines.
They sell an adapter for pre-Healey Noveske lowers that works with pre-ban (modified) Glock mags. You remove the breech lock, inser the adapter and attach the pre-Healey Noveske lower using standard AR pins.

You then take the pre-ban Glock mag and cut the top at a 12.5 degree angle.

Done.

You get a high capacity 1884 BrenDoor rifle.

You can also modify it to be full auto legally because it is pre 1900. But I can't show you that.

They sell an adapter for pre-Healey Noveske lowers that works with pre-ban (modified) Glock mags. You remove the breech lock, inser the adapter and attach the pre-Healey Noveske lower using standard AR pins.

You then take the pre-ban Glock mag and cut the top at a 12.5 degree angle.

Done.

You get a high capacity 1884 BrenDoor rifle.

You can also modify it to be full auto legally because it is pre 1900. But I can't show you that.
Yeah but can you have the shoulder thing that goes up? I mean I know it’s no my period correct so reenactors might poo poo you but when the boog pops off you wanna make sure your breach loader is compact.

Yeah but can you have the shoulder thing that goes up? I mean I know it’s no my period correct so reenactors might poo poo you but when the boog pops off you wanna make sure your breach loader is compact.
You can take the breech lock you removed and add it to the butt stock. But it is usually better to buy an MDT chassis for the BrenDoor.

Back
Top Bottom