While looking into buying a .408 Cheytac rifle, I came across this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324214549 31 thousand dollars? Do people really buy newly manufactured guns for that much money? I could understand a belt fed transferable, but this gun is readily available and the price isn't being drive by a poor supply/demand ratio. What makes this 3x as expensive as an m107? Maybe I should go back to looking at .50 bmgs for cost savings haha.

It's named after a Norse god, that's gotta be worth 20K right there.

That's what I'm saying. If I were going to spend 30k on a firearm it would be a transferable belt fed. I'm not a good enough shot to even notice how good a 30k long range rifle is. Hell, .408 cheytac is already waaaay too accurate of a round for my skill level, I just think it's a very interesting caliber. I can hit the side of a barn at 1000 yards, but i'm not sniping apples off someones head.

I just want to know why he put an ACOG on an M60 with a full size barrel? Go E3/MK43 on that bad boy if you want to scope it otherwise keep it classic!

And yeah, I'll take a Savage bolt and use the difference for NFA, or a new car... or ammo, haha.

look at that hair. would that hair lie to you? hell naw.

220px-Iraq,_Saddam_Hussein_%28222%29.jpg

I thought that .408 Cheytac ammo was no longer being produced. For the same money you could get a McMillan Tac-416 chambered in Barrett .416 which is a pretty BA rig.

The Thor 408 Cheytac is actually 30,000 for .gov purchase, if a civie wants to buy it, it's only 1200 bucks, but you don't get the option of the 600 dollar hammer.

Looks like a Cheytac M200. They went out of business, but I believe they are starting up again.

EDM Windrunners are the same guns.

Current Bid $0.00 No Reserve!
Started at $30,500.00
Buy It Now $31,000.00

What gets me about these auctions is the "No Reserve" part.
Obviously they don't understand what the term means if they're starting the auction at $500 under the Buy it Now price. [rolleyes]
Yes, there is a reserve, it's $30,500.01
If someone bids that number, and nobody beats it, the item sells for that amount, but not for any less.

Back
Top Bottom