• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Throw Lever for Vortex Strikeagle 1-6X?

I've been looking at these online and can't decide. They all seem to have their share of bad reviews, flimsy, doesn't fit (loose), locking screw too long or short etc., and it doesn't seem to matter whether it is inexpensive or very expensive. So, what do my fellow NESR's use on their Strikeagles?

One that is made for the make and model by the scopes manufacturer is a good start. I have an earlier version for the Viper PSTII and like it.

Not inexpensive. Good luck.

Last edited:
These might not fit your application but I have these rings on my tricked out 10/22 that I do switch from optic to iron sights several times a year and they settle back on with in a half minute if not better some times. I get less point of impact shift on remove/install than changing ammo brand. I had to dig it out because I forgot what brand

I've been looking at these online and can't decide. They all seem to have their share of bad reviews, flimsy, doesn't fit (loose), locking screw too long or short etc., and it doesn't seem to matter whether it is inexpensive or very expensive. So, what do my fellow NESR's use on their Strikeagles?
I think most people have issues from incorrect install or the mounts are cheap and soft and most install thier scope bases/rings/mounts with oil on them and way over tight. Sounds funny but if you over tighten thee small screws a few times you loose the “pull” on the threads.
Also the use of loctite with the correct primer does wonders

I've got a 1-6 Vortex StrikeEagle on one of my ARs and I've got the throw lever from MK Machining.
I've been happy with it.

I've got a 1-6 Vortex StrikeEagle on one of my ARs and I've got the throw lever from MK Machining.
I've been happy with it.

Ugghh I thought he was talking about QD scope mount/rings.

That said I have the luepold mark series throw on my luepold AR scope. It came on the scope when I bought it used. Has yet to come loose

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, decided to try the MK Machining lever. As long as it grips the ring well enough to turn it, that will be good enough for my purposes, if it doesn't, I'll return it and try some other manufacturer's product.

As for mac1911's replies, although they weren't what I was looking for, I usually find info you post to be interesting and/or informative. I do have that Burris QD P.E.P.R. mount for the StrikeEagle and it seems to work just fine.

I just ordered a viper pst gen II. Ordered the vortex lever. Figured they should work together perfectly.

I’ll know Monday.

Hate mixing brands. Figured if they are not compatible, they would not have as good of a reputation as they have.

Thanks for the replies, decided to try the MK Machining lever. As long as it grips the ring well enough to turn it, that will be good enough for my purposes, if it doesn't, I'll return it and try some other manufacturer's product.

As for mac1911's replies, although they weren't what I was looking for, I usually find info you post to be interesting and/or informative. I do have that Burris QD P.E.P.R. mount for the StrikeEagle and it seems to work just fine.
I dont give my throw thing much thought. That scope lives on max X. If its made to fit it should be fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom