Which Rail Mount Laser for 1911?

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
I recently purchased a S&W 1911 that has an integrated rail mount. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive laser that I can use for training purposes. I am not particularly interested in the tacticool look. Just something functional, as I want to improve my accuracy with the heavier .45 acp.
TIA

I recently purchased a S&W 1911 that has an integrated rail mount. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive laser that I can use for training purposes. I am not particularly interested in the tacticool look. Just something functional, as I want to improve my accuracy with the heavier .45 acp.
TIA

I'd recommend the TLR-2, if your laser must be on the rail. Personally, my railed 1911 has a light only on the rail and mounts Crimson Trace Laser Grips for laser sighting. The advantage here is that to shoot with the laser, I am only dealing with the trigger and grip pressure, not with a laser activator switch. You do end up spending more money this way, though.

I just watched the videos on the TLR-2 and it looks like that is what I am looking for. Only question is, does the laser stay on until you shut it off or is it on some kind of timer?
Thanks.

I just RTFM'd it and found the answer. There is a "Constant" and "Momentary" switch for either the light or laser.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom