which one????

My name is Anthony and I am new to this web site. I will be going for my ltc within the next 3 weeks. I am not familiar with any firearms, and I am looking on-line at whats available for new semi-auto handguns. I want something that will be easy to hold, fire, clean, good for target, yet small enough to conceal. I live in MA, and with that being said, I know that the list of new guns is limited. My price range will be around $600, and so far I have my eye on the PPK/S. Any other idea's on other guns or comments on the PPK/S? Thankyou, anthony

There are so many variables that it's tough to say "buy gun x and don't look back."

That being said, try as many different of your friends' guns as you can before you buy. Once you get your LTC, don't be afraid to ask to hold as many different guns as you can in the store either. Look around for ranges in your area that will rent firearms for range use. There's a place in Worcester, but that's kind of a hike from you.

Look for guns that are as close to 100% reliable as possible. Reconditioned Glock 17 (9mm) or 23 (.40) they offer a good combination of reliability, concealability, and accuracy. For $600 there are many options!

Good luck.

redsoxfan1 said:
I will be going for my ltc within the next 3 weeks.

Anthony, Welcome!!

First the good news: You'll have lots of time to research your purchase!
The bad news: You'll have lots of time to research your purchse!

Getting the ltc is a long process (depends where you live. I know we have people from Norht Attleboro that can advise for your town). Mine took 4 months from deciding to get the ltc to buying my first pistol. That's a little longer than typical.

There are some good threads on this topic (in this forum).

Try: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3692&highlight=first+pistol

(maybe this would be a good sticky?)

Matt

Anthony, I have two PPK/S and I don't think that's a good choice for a carry gun. There very nice looking but that's as far it gets. Their very jam prone. I would look for a small 9mm like a Kahr myself.

Back
Top Bottom