Which club in Boston area lets you shoot rifles indoor?

I need a place to shoot my .223 and 7.62x39 indoors? Anyone know of a club in the greater boston area?

Thanks!

mass rifle association has a 25yard indoor range for pistols and centerfire rifles. No 50bmg, tracer, AP rounds

I'm in the same boat. I'm just south of boston and I have been looking for someplace indoors to shoot my .308. I was looking for something along the lines of 100 yards or so, MRA only has 25 yards. Is there any place that has a 100+ yard indoor range for rifles larger than .22?

Is there any place that has a 100+ yard indoor range for rifles larger than .22?
Smith & Wesson has a 100 yard indoor range that can take rifles, but I don't believe it is open to the public. I used it during a carbine class there a number of years back.

Last edited:
This sounds like a pretty cool place but they don't have any information on the size of their range or much of any information about being a member. Do you know much about their range?

AFS is 25 yards, all in all it's a nice range. I suppose you couldn't do much more than test and get familiar with your rifle aside from long shots, which isn't a bad thing.

I'm a member, it's $275 a year. One thing to note it's a public range, if you have $ / ID you can shoot a rental, so it gets crowded sometimes.

So from the sound of it nobody really has a decent length range that's indoors and allows rifle use. So far it seems like 25yard indoor is the best you can get.

So from the sound of it nobody really has a decent length range that's indoors and allows rifle use. So far it seems like 25yard indoor is the best you can get.

100+ yard long building is a big building.

Ames R&P seems to be really nice but the link to their indoor pistol range is broken. Can anybody tell me what it's like?

Ames R&P seems to be really nice but the link to their indoor pistol range is broken. Can anybody tell me what it's like?

The indoor range at Ames is decent. The only draw back is that targets have to be set all the way to the back stop which is 50'. The good news is with membership you have access 24/7/365, and membership is affordable. The ventalation system is brand new and works great. Pistol calibers up to .45 and 22 rifles are allowed on the indoor range.

The plinking range is cool too and that enclosure is heated as well. It is basically just a shed with large windows that open but is fine on all but the coldest days. One of the NES members (Noidlight) holds a free pistol course on Saturday mornings and he is a wicked nice guy.

Wednesday nights they have Junior rifle club and I take my son almost every week. They provide everything for the kids. Rifles, targets, ammo, eye and hearing protection and coaching, and the guy that runs the program is awesome with the kids. They have these sweet Russian made 22 bolt action rifles that the kids shoot and the coach will sometimes bring a 22 pistol for the kids to shoot.
My Son loves going and shooting with other kids. You don't have to be a member to bring a kid. It is a great program.

If you ever want to check it out send me a PM. I go pretty often. Oh yeah, you can shoot full auto too.

Well i think Ames R&P sounds great but why would you want to shoot a .45 at 50ft? That wouldn't do much good at all in a real life situation. That's not much of a concern for me because i hardly ever shoot my pistols but the 300 yard outdoor range would be an awesome upgrade from the 100 yard in Braintree.

Well i think Ames R&P sounds great but why would you want to shoot a .45 at 50ft? That wouldn't do much good at all in a real life situation.

Because if you can shoot 3" groups at 50ft you can shoot 1" groups at 21 feet. Especially with a 1911. If I want to shoot closer I just shoot on one of the other ranges.

Well i think Ames R&P sounds great but why would you want to shoot a .45 at 50ft?

If I was going to make a WAG there are no target carriers and the range was probably intended for bullseye shooting. There are lots of indoor ranges that are rigged up this way that were never upgraded. Building a new "usable" indoor range is an expensive proposition, even for the largest clubs in the state. I would also make a guess that people doing action pistol there probably just shoot outside.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom