Which Clips For A Crossbreed Holster?

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
so i'm just about to submit an order to crossbreed but i figured i would get some input first.

i like the way the snaplok clips work, but i think they're a little too obvious on a belt with your shirt is tucked in.

do any of you have one of the other options like the j clip or the v clip?

i guess the other option is to change the way i carry during work hours when my belt shows, maybe briefcase carry?

thanks in advance guys and gals

I think most people just use the metal clips that come with it. If you generally have an untucked shirt, those work perfectly. IMHO, the 'J' clips are necessary if you're wearing a shirt tucked in. You just see a small hook coming out from under your belt.

I don't like the concept of the J-hooks, mostly because it puts all of the weight on your pants, and the hook only prevents the holster from coming out when you are drawing. The best of both worlds for comfort/concealability/drawing would be the velcro hooks because you would not see anything at all and it puts the weight on your belt and pants, not just pants. You need a velcro-backed belt for them obviously, but they are easy to get. I have used the standard metal clips without issue.

I use the standard clips and have never been questioned about what they were. I dont spend alot of time looking at people's belts and im sure alot of other people dont aswell.
You could grab a few of the clips and paint them the color of your pants so they look like weird belt loops.

The only thing I don't like about the standard metal clips is that creaking noise they make against a thick leather belt every time you move. In a quiet setting it can get annoying and I had more than one person ask what was making the sound. I got some thin adhesive backed felt and lined the inside of the clip where it touches the belt and it's much better now. My shirt is always untucked, so the visibility of the clips is not an issue for me.

The only thing I don't like about the standard metal clips is that creaking noise they make against a thick leather belt every time you move. In a quiet setting it can get annoying and I had more than one person ask what was making the sound. I got some thin adhesive backed felt and lined the inside of the clip where it touches the belt and it's much better now. My shirt is always untucked, so the visibility of the clips is not an issue for me.

Just tell them "it's my gun" - that should shut them up pretty quickly

Back
Top Bottom