Where to shoot... - Lowell Area?

MRJ

I'm new to the area - I work in Chelmsford, live in Lowell. Any info. on quality indoor/outdoor ranges would be appreciated.

Holy Crap...I'm going to beat Len to this one.

A good place to start is GOAL.

http://goal.org/

They can help you find a good location around you to shoot.

And I'm sure that there are several people here are near you that can help you out as well, or invite you to thier club to shoot.

If you ever get down towards Foxboro/Mansfield/Attleboro's area several of us out this way would be happy to take you out shooting.

MRJ,

Welcome to the forum!

As a Moderator, I took the liberty of changing your Subject line to reflect "Lowell Area" to help you get better answers to your question.

Also, you can search thru this particular forum and find info on some clubs in that general area. There are clubs near/in Woburn, Tyngsboro Sportsmen's Club, Tewksbury, etc. Search off the info here or the GOAL website to see what each club offers and how closely that matches your areas of interest.

If you are married or otherwise involved, you might want to look for clubs that are women-friendly or family-friendly. Not all are, regrettably . . . and it helps if the other person in your life is ever to take an interest in shooting, if they encourage women/families to shoot vs. those that are "old boys clubs". Just something that you might want to consider.

The closest ones are probably Lowell Sportsmen's Club in North Chelmsford, Tyngsboro Sportsmen's Club in Tyngsboro, Stoney Brook Sportsmen's Club in Westford, and Westford Sportsmen's Club in Westford.

Westford is the largest in terms of land and facilities. The indoor range is fairly small, but it's available 24/7. I'd be happy to show you around anytime.

Ken

Thank's all...I'm in the process of becoming a ma. resident. Carrying on a class A non resident all lawful purposes license. Coming from PA I've found it to be an involved process. I thought these messages would be sent to my email, so sorry I haven't responded. I will take you all up on your invitations to shoot. Today, I'm going up to NH...Anyone shooting tomorrow? Thanks, for the warm welcome.

I also live in Lowell and I usually just make the drive up to Manchester. Worcester is fun, but it's such a hike, plus at Manchester i can rent an MP5.

You may want to check out the NAshua Fish and GAme

http://www.nfga.org

It's a fine club, and we are actively looking for new members.

Indoor Pistol range, outdoor pistol plinker range, 100 yard combined use range ( pistol, shotgun, rifle), and 600 yard high power rifle range.

Also a catch and release fish pond.

Just a few miles off of exit 7 rte 3, takes you maybe a 1/2hr or less to get there from Chelmsford ( I work in Westford).

email me if you want more info or to arrange a visit/tour.

[email protected]

Indoor Pistol range, outdoor pistol plinker range, 100 yard combined use range ( pistol, shotgun, rifle), and 600 yard high power rifle range.

Just a few miles off of exit 7 rte 3, takes you maybe a 1/2hr or less to get there from Chelmsford ( I work in Westford).

[email protected]

[email protected]

Billerica R&G

You might try the Billerica R&G club. They're located close to the Tewksbury line. Outdoor rifle and pistol range. Trap and skeet. and a pretty good 50 foot indoor pistol/.22 rifle range. No magnums allowed in the indoor range.

They don't have an active web site but here's the contact info:

Billerica Rod and Gun Club Inc.
216 Pond St., Billerica, MA 01821.
Phone: 978-667-9378

Best time to meet members is to drop by on the weekend or to attend one of their bi-monthly meetings held the first and third Tuesday's of the month.

Nope, sorry Adam. Not in the indoor range at least. And there's a five round limit in magazines. Other restrictions for the indoor range are no magnums allowed and jacketed ammo can only be used on four stations.

Back
Top Bottom