• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to legally shoot with my 15 year old son?

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a place to teach and practice shooting pistols with my 15 year old son. I just called a range and they said he must be 21. Is there a place we can both legally shoot? I'm open to all comments/suggestions. "Buy land" is fine if it is nearby - Montana or Texas is not an option - I would prefer something near the Farmington Valley.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a place to teach and practice shooting pistols with my 15 year old son. I just called a range and they said he must be 21. Is there a place we can both legally shoot? I'm open to all comments/suggestions. "Buy land" is fine if it is nearby - Montana or Texas is not an option - I would prefer something near the Farmington Valley.

Thanks!

I have brought my two sons to Shooters pistol range in New Milford. (they are 9 and 11 respectively).

Being a fellow Farmington Valley resident I'd say go to Wolf's in Bristol. It's a quick and easy drive from where I live. If you can get to ESPN or Lake Compounce then you can get to Wolf's. I took my Pistol Permit class there and the staff are very helpful and courteous.

Torrington Gun club is very inexpensive, Metacon is $95/year but $300 initiation fee +$25 signup fee and $25 background check (if no pistol permit I think). However Metacon is filling up fast, then it will be waiting lists- I'd get in on the next meeting (3rd Tuesday of each month) and apply, DON'T WAIT. Joining a less expensive range is a whole lot cheaper than the public ranges in the long run.

Being a fellow Farmington Valley resident I'd say go to Wolf's in Bristol. It's a quick and easy drive from where I live. If you can get to ESPN or Lake Compounce then you can get to Wolf's. I took my Pistol Permit class there and the staff are very helpful and courteous.

FYI, Wolf's requires you to have your own pistol permit for at least a year before you can bring guests.

FYI, Wolf's requires you to have your own pistol permit for at least a year before you can bring guests.

That is correct, you need your CCP OR a signed " NRA certificate" that you completed a firearms safety course to bring 1 guest, which must be over 12 years old, at Wolfs at least.

sorry for shortness. Im on the road. But My club has a jr club as well. Range is open to public on weekends with a family friendly atmosphere. We are 10 min south of waterbury. Check out highrock range. Ill be one of the range officers all day sat. Pm me if you are interested

Back
Top Bottom