Where to have FFL done close to Fitchburg, MA.

DickWanner

Banned
My supervisor tells me to go to Stateline in Mason since they have runners, but after the way there guy on the phone treated me I'm not so sure. Where are some other shops in the area that I can have a firearm shipped to? Match Shop in Gardner isn't too far from me and I've heard good things about them.

I'd say Match Shot is your best bet unless you know someone who's an FFL. I don't know what their transfer fee is, but I've never had any issues with them.

BTW, random question, what kind of gun is it for?

ARRRRGGH. WHAT IS WITH THESE GUN DEALERS!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Match Shop and the guy is trying to tell me that the Glock needs to exist in the state for at least a year before I can bring it in reguardless of the MFD. What the hell is this bullshit! That doesn't even make any sense! How can a gun exist in the state if it hasn't been brought in yet. In that case the only way to bring in a gun from outside of Mass would be to move into this state, which IS NOT THE CASE!

#1 it is a glock model 17 longslide. NONE WERE PRODUCED AFTER 21OCT1998!!!!

#2 it has a serial prefix of ATA, again waaaay before 98.

How do I convice these stupid dealers that they are wrong and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground? I just want to buy a friggin gun!

Does anyone know of a dealer that is not ignorant to MGLs and can help me get my pistol?

It's a long drive but Law Enforcement Equipment in Waltham, MA transfered me in a 3rd gen G17 that was made in 09/98. He charges $30 but he is aware of the laws. So if all else fails, give him a call.

Blue Northern Trading is telling me the same thing. They say the Glock has to be REGISTERED in Mass prior to Oct 98 which is contradictory to what I've heard here which is that it just needs to be manufactured before that date. Is this just to cover their asses cuz they're a bunch of little pusses tucking their manhood trying to hide from the ATF?!

I'll call Law Enforcement Equipment in Waltham, MA and see what they say.

Is this just to cover their asses cuz they're a bunch of little pusses tucking their manhood trying to hide from the ATF?!

More like small businessmen operating on razor-thin margins, with no extra dough for legals fees, interpreting the law in a way that is perhaps more conservative than you would like. Call around, you'll find someone.

It's a long drive but Law Enforcement Equipment in Waltham, MA transfered me in a 3rd gen G17 that was made in 09/98. He charges $30 but he is aware of the laws. So if all else fails, give him a call.
I just talked to them, its worth the drive to have someone who knows whats going on. I'm gonna call to have the gun put on hold tomorrow and then call them when they open up at noon. Its $25 from the place I'm buying and $30 from L.E.E. in Waltham. And the guy I talked to made a valid point that Glock ships remanufactured guns into the state all the time to be sold. $55 is worth it, hell if these guys treat me right I might make them my primary dealer even with the hour drive down Rt 2.

More like small businessmen operating on razor-thin margins, with no extra dough for legals fees, interpreting the law in a way that is perhaps more conservative than you would like. Call around, you'll find someone.
Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive its just extremely frustrating that I've found the Glock I want and its the local dealers that are holding me back.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive its just extremely frustrating that I've found the Glock I want and its the local dealers that are holding me back.

I had the same problem with a gun store in Shrewsbury... I just took my business else where...

YMMV, but I wouldn't give Law Enforcement Supply another dime of my money, even if they were the last dealer in MA. A search of the Gun Shops thread will tell you the whole story.

Briefly, MA DOR asked me to turn them in for "tax fraud" against customers (me). I chose not to do it, but I'll never forgive them for intentionally defrauding customers.

They also were about to screw my PD by offering only $4K for 3 transferable smgs a few years ago. My getting involved (I had no idea LES was trying to do the deal at that time), got the town PD $8K for those same 3 smgs from another dealer.

Blue Northern Trading is telling me the same thing. They say the Glock has to be REGISTERED in Mass prior to Oct 98 which is contradictory to what I've heard here which is that it just needs to be manufactured before that date. Is this just to cover their asses cuz they're a bunch of little pusses tucking their manhood trying to hide from the ATF?!

The ATF could give a shit less when a given glock was
made. It's a matter of state law, not federal. In MA the
biggest threat to the dealers existence is the state, which is known
for being terrible. There hasn't been any severe gun enforcment
done under coakley yet, but who knows.

One discrepancy here is that you're asking about a 17L
This may confuse the shit out of some dealers because the 17
and 17C appear on the EOPS roster but not the 17L (or its .40 cal
brother, the 24). Some dealers would (perhaps wrongly?) exclude
the 17L from being importable.....

At this point I would call up Carl at FS, see what he
says. I know they transfer in pre 98 glocks and other
handguns for people all the time.

-Mike

Last edited:
Four Seasons wants $40 to do the transfer, LEE wants only $30. I know I've heard good things about FS but is the extra 10 miles and $10 worth it?

The ATF could give a shit less when a given glock was
made. It's a matter of state law, not federal. In MA the
biggest threat to the dealers existence is the state, which is known
for being terrible. There hasn't been any severe gun enforcment
done under coakley yet, but who knows.

One discrepancy here is that you're asking about a 17L
This may confuse the shit out of some dealers because the 17
and 17C appear on the EOPS roster but not the 17L (or its .40 cal
brother, the 24). Some dealers would (perhaps wrongly?) exclude
the 17L from being importable.....

At this point I would call up Carl at FS, see what he
says. I know they transfer in pre 98 glocks and other
handguns for people all the time.

-Mike
If the 17L isn't on the EOPS list am I still be able to possess it in Mass?

If the 17L isn't on the EOPS list am I still be able to possess it in Mass?

Putting aside whether or not a 17L is "compliant" or not, mere possession
of non compliant handguns is not a problem. If a dealer transfers
it to you, and wasn't supposed to (for whatever reason) it's his hide
on the line, not yours. The only thing the end buyer has to
watch out for is if it comes with postban/LE marked normal cap mags.

-Mike

Its still on hold til the end of business today, I'll have the put it on hold for me and then talk to FS about having them bring it in. If not I might just pick up on of those reman'd G17s from FS and see about picking up a 17L slide.

Anyone know of a way to get just a 17L slide? Are there any aftermarket companies that make long slides for Glocks. I'm sure LWD could custom make me one but I'm not trying to break the bank.

Back
Top Bottom