Where to get shipping boxes for long arms?

Hi

Anyone know a good place to get a shipping box or two for long arms in the Boston area?

I have searched online and found where you can bulk order but I don't need that many.

Thanks

John

Have you spoke to your local gun shop, a Dick's Sporting Goods, or even calling Bass Pro?

Most if not all of them will be getting long guns in a box, and most throw out that box because it takes up space. Just ask them to keep one and pick it up later.

There you go, long gun shipping box.

You can also ask them for the box that a gun case came in, as if the case will fit the gun, so will the box.

Thanks C-pher I will try that maybe. I figure the local shops like to hang on to their extra and use them as most seem happy to charge for packing an item to ship it for you on top of all else.

Not as simple as my FFL I used to use in Delaware...he would take care of the packing and handling as part of his transfer fee.

UPS store has them, but they cost a pretty penny, almost as much, if NOT more than shipping.

what are you trying to ship?

i have a box or two laying around, might be able to throw one your way

chet

UPS store has them, but they cost a pretty penny, almost as much, if NOT more than shipping.

what are you trying to ship?

i have a box or two laying around, might be able to throw one your way

chet

VZ52 about 40 - 41" oal. Ive got a few things lying around I could trade...or even a few bucks

I have a flower box actually and they are great for stocks and such...not long enough for a long arm though

Last edited:
uline.com

they sell actual rifle boxes

I know and I also found a company called cameron packing. Even office max has 48" x 4" x 4" but they only sell in bulk. Some 5 packs and minimum even more.

I just need 1

Minimum order 15 Group Buy? [grin]

Edit: Normally I would take it to FS or somewhere and not worry about it. But I am selling it as a parts gun (barrel is a sewer) and by the time I went thru all the added costs of letting an ffl handle the whole thing soup to nuts...those costs become prohibitive based upon what I sold it for.

Last edited:
Hi

Anyone know a good place to get a shipping box or two for long arms in the Boston area?

I have searched online and found where you can bulk order but I don't need that many.

Thanks

John

Where are you located? I may have a box or two hanging around from when I received rifles from CMP.

Where are you located? I may have a box or two hanging around from when I received rifles from CMP.

Brookline. chetd is a little closer to me but if he and I dont work something out I may take you up on that calsdad thanks. I have stuff I can trade or give a little something for it. I am not looking for a free box...just a box.

Thank you

john

I may have boxes used for large format banners (the box is a triangular prism). You could certainly have one at no cost to you - you'd just have to make the drive into downtown Boston. I'll let you know tomorrow if we have one.

Brookline. chetd is a little closer to me but if he and I dont work something out I may take you up on that calsdad thanks. I have stuff I can trade or give a little something for it. I am not looking for a free box...just a box.

Thank you

john

No problem - let me know. I am in Chelmsford - and I usually travel north (work in NH).

Try Costco or BJs or one of those types of stores.

I sold a bunch of rifles during November/December and could not find any boxes that were either afforable (UPS store wanted $35!!) or available. The gun shops all keep theirs for their internet orders.

So, I went to Costco. They collapse their boxes every day and bundle them to be recycled. I stopped in and asked if I could have a half dozen of their heavy-duty cartons. They obliged and I ended up making my own shipping boxes from that very heavy-duty cardboard and some good packing tape.....purchsed at Costco, btw. After designing the first box it was easy and every single one of my boxes made it to the buyer without any damage. The scraps I cut off were used as additional packing. I wrapped each rifle in plastic sheeting (cheap) to keep the stocks from rubbing against the packing, put the removed bits into zip-lock bags, taped them all together and inserted them into the box I made making sure there was extra padding around the muzzle and butt. I cut small strips of HD cardboard and used them as packing material along with newspaper or any old packing stuff I had laying around. Voila!

The tape at Costco, btw, is the best buy on the planet, clearly 1/2 of what you'll find on the shelves at HD or Lowes. It's also heavy duty and for $20 you get six or eight rolls that will last you a long time.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom