Where to find CZ 455s locally

JenkkiMike

NES Member
I am in the market for a .22 rifle and the CZ 455 has caught my eye. There are numerous configurations and I would like to see and handle a few before making a decision. I'm sure I could save a couple bucks buying online but I prefer to spend my money locally. Does anybody know which stores in the eastern MA or southern NH area tend to carry these?

Several years ago I went to KTP to handle a rack of different .22s. The 455 was the one I chose for the best fit for me. Ended up ordering at FS (their online store) which was much better price at the time.

Seen a few at Riley's, one had bull barrel, one tapered. I like the evolution model, haven't seen them anywhere except GunBroker. Cz's seem to be in high demand.

My son got his through Brian at B&K Sales in Natick. He had to order it, but had it in the store within 2 or 3 days.

They are great guns!

original.jpg

My son got his through Brian at B&K Sales in Natick. He had to order it, but had it in the store within 2 or 3 days.

They are great guns!

original.jpg

That would be one of the closest shops to me but of course I would like to handle one first. Your son's looks awesome. What variant is it?

BTW you might look at the Savage B22 is really nice, I just got one and I think it comparable to the CZ (I used to have the 452 ) with what I think is an even better trigger.
sa-b22g-hardwood-22lr-profile-rpsd-1317165.jpg

BTW you might look at the Savage B22 is really nice, I just got one and I think it comparable to the CZ (I used to have the 452 ) with what I think is an even better trigger.
sa-b22g-hardwood-22lr-profile-rpsd-1317165.jpg

Could not agree more. I sold my 455 and bought an A22. What a great rifle. Trigger, barrel, stock. Not as pretty as the CZ but every bit as accurate. So happy I bought 2 B22 rifles. The long barrel and the tactical with threaded barrel. Shot Appleseed rifleman out of the box with the first 2.Will suppress the tactical and try to find a winter seed. Probably sell the B22 with the longer barrel since getting the tactical.

Im waiting for CZ or savage to come out with a nice new old school match rifle with match aperture style sights.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'll have to call around and see who has some CZs and Savages in stock and see which one feels right.

I was in KTP a month ago and they had only one 455, the American I think? I also tried the Tikkas, and was impressed by the buttery smooth action. Not much choice in .223 or .22 though.

I am going to check out some rifles today. This one is on the top of my list now because of the peep sights. I am getting into amateur biathlon and this one looks like it is ready to go out of the box. I like the wood stocks on the CZs much more so I'll have to handle some rifles and decide.

Savage Arms - MARK II FVT - P01189

I am going to check out some rifles today. This one is on the top of my list now because of the peep sights. I am getting into amateur biathlon and this one looks like it is ready to go out of the box. I like the wood stocks on the CZs much more so I'll have to handle some rifles and decide.

Savage Arms - MARK II FVT - P01189
You cant go wrong with the FVT. The stock is a bit lacking for target shooting IMHO. Also its a bit small.
If your looking for a entry level target rifle its a decent choice and more than accurate enough for biathlon.
50m prone target is under 2" or 4 minute of angle . Accuracy is not high on the needs of a biathlon rifle.
Dont discount the vintage target rifles with nice vintage match sights.
I will add if your leaning biathlon read up on what makes a biathlon rifle a biathlon rifle. Figure out what a good deal is on them and go to some bigger events. My friend scored a anschutz all biathlon rigged for about 1/3 of the new price.

Last edited:
You cant go wrong with the FVT. The stock is a bit lacking for target shooting IMHO. Also its a bit small.
If your looking for a entry level target rifle its a decent choice and more than accurate enough for biathlon.
50m prone target is under 2" or 4 minute of angle . Accuracy is not high on the needs of a biathlon rifle.
Dont discount the vintage target rifles with nice vintage match sights.
I will add if your leaning biathlon read up on what makes a biathlon rifle a biathlon rifle. Figure out what a good deal is on them and go to some bigger events. My friend scored a anschutz all biathlon rigged for about 1/3 of the new price.

Thanks for all your helpful advice. After actually seeing and holding various rifles the CZ won out. They are just so nicely made and I liked the fit and feel of the wood "lux shaped" stock. I was torn between the CZ 455 Trainer and the Lux but in the end went with the Lux. The trainer had nicer sights but I am going to add peep sights to it anyway. Aside from an AK, this is my only rifle so it is intended as a do everything rifle from marksmanship practice to biathlon. If I end up getting into biathlon I can look at Anschultzes in the future but that is a serious investment hah. Now I just need to get to the range.

Thanks for all your helpful advice. After actually seeing and holding various rifles the CZ won out. They are just so nicely made and I liked the fit and feel of the wood "lux shaped" stock. I was torn between the CZ 455 Trainer and the Lux but in the end went with the Lux. The trainer had nicer sights but I am going to add peep sights to it anyway. Aside from an AK, this is my only rifle so it is intended as a do everything rifle from marksmanship practice to biathlon. If I end up getting into biathlon I can look at Anschultzes in the future but that is a serious investment hah. Now I just need to get to the range.

Wealth of knowledge over on "rimfire central". Cult worship for these CZ's. Congrats!

Nice , if you want to try and inexpensive "match" sight this should fit. Should clear the bolt?
You would have to figure out front sight hieght change or get a front globe sight.

Champion's Choice
Theres a seller on rimfire central who sells the BRNO match sights also.

Back
Top Bottom