Where to find a used or inexpensive bow?

I need a first bow. I know I want a compound bow, I know I have a 28inch draw length and I have a pretty strong upper body so I know a 60+ lbs pull would be fine, but other than that it is all new to me. I havnt really shot a bow since boy scouts 15-20 years ago. I don't want to invest a ton and find out that it's not for me. What I would like is to find a "package" (bow, sights, arrow rest, quiver, etc.) for around $200-$250. Anybody know where I can find a used or inexpensive set-up in SE Mass? also I am not looking for a "cheap" quality item, maybe just last years model.

Thanks

Craigslist often has used bows. If you want a new one, try the sales at Bass Pro, Dick's or Cabela's. There are several archery dealers on this site who might have some bargains. And there's the WTB forum here.

Archerytalk.com has a very active for sale section. In my opinon you need to know a lot of information before buying a bow. Like are the cams adjustable or do you need to buy a new cam in the event the bow is set to 27 inches. When you find a bow you like do a lot of research on it to make sure you can get it serviced, and always check the limbs for cracks and signs of the bow being dropped or dry fired. Alot of times if a bow has been dropped you will see knicks on the Cams.

You not going to find last years model totally set up with arrows for anything less than double that money.

here is a good deal if it fits you, it is real close at 27.5 inches. Even though it is only 50 lbs it is more than enough to kill a deer and it is plenty to get you started to the point to figure out if you like it enough to either buy new limbs (increased the draw weight) or trade it in on something better.
http://www.huntingchat.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30869

Last edited:
try ebay i have a pse polaris 60-70lb adjustable that i got off there for 45 bucks with a broken string about 10 years ago its heavy but its verey powerful like shooting through a thick peice of plywood powerfull i have layed off shooting it because i only have arrows rated for a 40lb bow and havent bought good ones.

i saw the same bow yesterday when i was looking for more info on it online with arrows all set up for about 100-150 max it has an aluminum frame i havent shot any new bows but it seems like it will still do the job.

Back
Top Bottom