Where do you keep your Bug out Bag?

I keep a pretty simple Bug out Bag and reading the post here about what goes into your bag was very interesting, but where do you keep your bag? Should I keep it in my closet? Car? Office? Off-site? Whats everyone's thoughts?

I've been keeping mine in my apartment, but I recently moved it to my trunk and now I'm thinking I want it back in my apartment.

Might depend on what you have in it. If its extra undies, bandaids, water bottles, cliff bars, etc then I see no downside of being in the car. Once you start packing it with more valuable items like a firearm, ammo, cash, etc then maybe consider the closet. Maybe divide some of the stuff up. Keep a small pack with the cheap stuff in the car and keep the expensive stuff at home.

Might depend on what you have in it. If its extra undies, bandaids, water bottles, cliff bars, etc then I see no downside of being in the car. Once you start packing it with more valuable items like a firearm, ammo, cash, etc then maybe consider the closet. Maybe divide some of the stuff up. Keep a small pack with the cheap stuff in the car and keep the expensive stuff at home.

This. I keep the firearm related stuff, money, and a few little sundries in a small bag that can quickly be stowed in the trunk bag.

I keep mine in my vehicle. If I'm home and need to GTFO I'll grab whatever I can from the house and throw it in my vehicle. If I can't grab anything from the house at least I have my BoB.

Back
Top Bottom