Where can I get a free float handguard installed on AR15?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm interested in getting a free float handguard for my 20" AR15. I don't have the tools to easily remove the barrel and front handguard nicely (barrel wrench, receiver vise, cup-end punch to keep from mushrooming the pins).

Does anyone recommend someone to do this in the Metrowest area? Or does someone have the tools and could help?

thanks!

Try one of the Midwest Industries 2-piece free float handguards. They are reasonably priced and rather unique. all you need to do is cut off the delta ring with a dremel and screw together the two handguard pieces. No need to remove the barrel or the sight. It looks good, works well and is true free float.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=242

Installation guide:
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3

IMG_1735%20Stick.jpg

Last edited:
Get a direct replacement, I got one from YHM and installed it with my thumbs and an extra set of hands...no barrel wrench handy.

I've got my eye on the Hogue rubberized handguard, so I'm gonna need to remove the barrel and front sight...

John out at Remsport will do the install as well, he's done a bunch of stuff for me and always does a great job at a fair price.

I'm interested in getting a free float handguard for my 20" AR15. I don't have the tools to easily remove the barrel and front handguard nicely (barrel wrench, receiver vise, cup-end punch to keep from mushrooming the pins).

Does anyone recommend someone to do this in the Metrowest area? Or does someone have the tools and could help?

thanks!

Not in the metrowest area, but there is an AR gunsmith in Plymouth, MA. If you're interested, PM me for his name and phone number.

I bought the midwest industries free float because I have an A2 front sight and didn't feel like removing it to try and get a handguard on.

I like it.

Back
Top Bottom