• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When they come for the Bobby Orr statue, it's go time

I was gonna put up some big argument, but I get it. You won't get me going over there to defend a statue, but I get it.

We pay hefty taxes to HIRE people to defend statues AND THEY AREN'T DOING IT. That's ENOUGH of a reason right there.

Wasn't the rationale behind rulings like Warren v DC that the police aren't there to protect YOU as such, but, in some general, hand-wavy sense, to do their job to protect the Public? Well, they're not doing even THAT now.

How could a man ever look at himself in the mirror if he did nothing to protect his own families heritage and just sat there because “it’s just stone and dirt...it’s not worth me breaking a nail over.”

How far do you go to protect a grave marker? Would you lay down your life to protect a family plot? The situation Uzi describes sounds appropriate and justified, i just wasnt familiar with this when I got blasted on here last night. But I am curious where the line is, how far will you be willing to go to protect a headstone? If youre a Christian you dont even believe your person is there in the ground...

How far do you go to protect a grave marker? Would you lay down your life to protect a family plot? The situation Uzi describes sounds appropriate and justified, i just wasnt familiar with this when I got blasted on here last night. But I am curious where the line is, how far will you be willing to go to protect a headstone? If youre a Christian you dont even believe your person is there in the ground...

I got nothing else to say to you.

Why? It's an interesting thought puzzle. Some guy is coming at some random Jimmy Hendrix statue with a sawzall. You pull your Glock to stop him. Dude 2 puts a red dot on your chest from 50yds away. Hell, let's say he's put two in the ground at your feet first, so you know he means business.

Let him cut it up or try and make a move on reddot-boy????

I have no idea what my answer would be. But there is a ton of bluster on gun groups of "go time." Sometimes it's nice to have a "real" scenario to gut-check your go-time.

And some riotiing moron DID deface (with spray paint, not a power tool) the Jimmy statue. But I digress.

We pay hefty taxes to HIRE people to defend statues AND THEY AREN'T DOING IT. That's ENOUGH of a reason right there.

Wasn't the rationale behind rulings like Warren v DC that the police aren't there to protect YOU as such, but, in some general, hand-wavy sense, to do their job to protect the Public? Well, they're not doing even THAT now.
Hey, are'nt you the fella that said the hot weather would stop COVID-19?

Laughing out loud.

Hey, are'nt you the fella that said the hot weather would stop COVID-19?

Laughing out loud.
Well no, vitamin D. And here in Connecticut it's basically done, cuz people are getting out in the sun.

Down south the problem now is hot weather, i.e. people staying inside in the AC.

Well no, vitamin D. And here in Connecticut it's basically done, cuz people are getting out in the sun.

Down south the problem now is hot weather, i.e. people staying inside in the AC.

Plus dey iz too smarrrrrt to believe all that social distancing and mask stuff.

Every local population has to either learn from the mistakes of others or mistakes of their own. Clearly Houston, Miami and other areas want to learn on their own.

It's not rocket science. Think about COVfefe as the flu. What would you do to avoid the flu??? You'd stay away from people who might have the flu. And, as a population (like the freaking asians) you wear a mask in places where it is difficult to socially distance.

Oh, and wash your hands and stop touching your face.

That's about 99% of it. But Bubba don't think this is reee'yull. It's a curnspurrursurr! They believe the Hillary Virus Machine as much as some left dumbasses thought Bush had a weather machine. LOL

There won't be a second wave because we are all aware of how to avoid it already. Sure, they'll be pockets. But you won't see that crap in the Northeast again. It might flare a bit, but not to April levels - and April levels were actually manageable by the health care system.

It's hot now, but when it was spreading at break neck speed other places three months ago, it was mild and sunny here and most people were out and about on the beautiful sunny days so the virus never established itself to any great degree.
Now that people are in AC, the virus has pretty much come and gone and there is no significant increase in cases.

I'll take this one .
To the death.
Preferably not mine , but either way.
You either draw the line somewhere or spend your life backing up .
That's a shitty way to live.

I'll take this one .
To the death.
Preferably not mine , but either way.
You either draw the line somewhere or spend your life backing up .
That's a shitty way to live.

Valid point and well defended. Admirable position.

For me, if I die my family will be in big trouble. I cant afford to die defending monuments to my ancestors. I would have to draw the line at my death, personally. I also believe my grandparents would understand. Many have taken a strong dislike to my opinions, but I really dont think this will be one.

Back
Top Bottom