What's with the new quick editor?

What's with the new quick reply editor? This thing is driving me nuts. I see an "Auto Save" indicator that pops up - but if I move my mouse the contents of the window scroll and I lose focus on the part I was editing.

If there is a vote - my vote would be to go back to the old editor version if possible.

Yea its been a pain getting used to, still a few bugs im guessing. Notice a lot of posts repeating words in the next line.

Actually the repeating words in the next line thing has been happening for a while. I noticed it probably a couple of months ago - I would make a post, that I knew I did not repeat words in - and then I would see repeated words. If I reopened the post to edit - there would be no repeated words. Save it again - and I would see a repeated word.

For me - the new quick editor (and advanced editor) just showed up a week or so ago - and quite frankly - they're a pain in the ass. I would rather see a return to the old editor.

For some reason I can't get spell check to work anymore.

Yup, that icon in the Editor box does not work. BUT I have ieSpell loaded on my IE8 and set an icon in IE to use it and that one works perfectly. I've also had NES freeze up my IE when clicking on a smiley icon on the right since these changes in the vB have been enabled.

Back
Top Bottom