What's this advertising Non Compliant Guns in a MA paper!?

{Rant}
I just got the latest issue of the Outdoor Message and in it was a
slick glossy flier from the Ware Gun Shop. Lo and Behold, they
have a bunch opf Keltecs listed on page 7. Wow, in MA, those are
cheap! Of course, they are not on the damned list, so WTF? Lets see,
this is a Massachusetts paper, sent to members of Massachusetts clubs
(for the most part) with a flier for a Massachusetts store, advertising guns
that can't be sold in Massachusetts. [rolleyes]

{/Rant}
F

I think they are being sold to LEO's. I was told anyone with a badge could buy them, even a constable. Zero Hour had them for sale also.

There were a lot of guns in that brochure that were not for sale in MA.

My guess is that the brochure is produced by a distributor and made available to the shop under some marketing program - and that the dealer won't actually have these non-compliant guns for sale to civilians.

I think its actually a magazine type flyer sent out by shops all over. I remember a shop in Westport (Bob's Gun shop) that had the same looking flyer, but hardly none of the guns advertised in stock. Pretty much just something telling you whats available and what they can get. It has to be national because there are a few non Mass compliant guns.

I was looking at that flyer this morning and was thinking the same thing. I've never been to this place, but it may be worth checking out if I'm in the area.

I think they are being sold to LEO's. I was told anyone with a badge could buy them, even a constable. Zero Hour had them for sale also.

There were a lot of guns in that brochure that were not for sale in MA.

Har, har! I love that "even a constable" dig!

At any rate, it is illegal to sell ANY new(er than 1998) handgun EVEN TO AN LEO in MA unless:

- It is on the EOPS List . . . MGL had NO exemption for LE in it, the AG's Regs DOES have such an exemption, or

- It is bought on LE Department Letterhead, shipped to said Department and then the Department can transfer it to the LEO. [Most chiefs will REFUSE to do this for their troops.] In this case (IANAL) it is my understanding that a MA Dealer CAN NOT make that sale, but it has to be sold into MA by an out-of-state supplier directly to the PD.

With that said, there are dealers which will sell things that perhaps they shouldn't. They take the chance and could get jammed up. No harm, no foul to the buyer however, so if you can find what you are looking for and someone will sell it in MA, have at it . . . just don't post any business names here or on any other public forum.

My guess is that the brochure is produced by a distributor and made available to the shop under some marketing program - and that the dealer won't actually have these non-compliant guns for sale to civilians.

BINGO!

Almost all dealers in the state back around 1998 were using this same flier.

It is actually published by a distributor, sold (with dealer's logo) to any/all dealers in the US who want to purchase it.

It in no way is reflective of what any dealer in MA can sell here!

I was wondering how long it would take for the first person to post a bitch on this flier as I was going thru it this morning. [smile]

It never even phased me. After all, I'm constantly bombarded by TV and radio ads for Red Lobster (whose nearest restaurant is in Connecticut) and Geico (which doesn't write auto insurance in the PRofMA); why should gun ads be any different?

Ken

It never even phased me. After all, I'm constantly bombarded by TV and radio ads for Red Lobster (whose nearest restaurant is in Connecticut) and Geico (which doesn't write auto insurance in the PRofMA); why should gun ads be any different?

Ken
Exactly my thought. I can think of instances in which it was less expensive to advertise to a much larger geographic area than that covered by the advertiser (kind of like paying the phone company to keep your number from being published). Then, too, there are companies like Afflack and Geicho and Red Lobster who advertise on the locals (WHDH, for example) not for MA residents, but because the station also serves communities outside of MA where the ads might be effective. Then again, advertising items in MA that are forbidden to MA residents might be a way for marketers to persuade MA residents to get off their @$$es and do what's necessary to free themselves of the shackles put upon them by an oppressive government who denies them the freedom enjoyed by citizens of every other state in the nation to access these advertised items. Money talks, . . . .

I was looking at that flyer this morning and was thinking the same thing. I've never been to this place, but it may be worth checking out if I'm in the area.

It is definitely a store worth checkiing out. Pretty big selection and low key staff.

Sort of off topic, but in regards to advertising.

I heard a Smith and Wesson commercial for the first time ever on the radio yesterday. It was on 104.1 WBCN. Me and the fiancee stared at each other and then the radio because we couldn't believe it.

It's about time! Anything to make firearms seem more mainstream is good by me.

I was wondering how long it would take for the first person to post a bitch on this flier as I was going thru it this morning.

I wasn't. You posted the same answer the last time this flyer was in the GOAL magazine and i made a comment about it!

[smile]

Ken

I know, I love Sonic, and keep seeing those ads and there isn't one CLOSE to me. [sad2]

{Rant}
I just got the latest issue of the Outdoor Message and in it was a
slick glossy flier from the Ware Gun Shop. Lo and Behold, they
have a bunch opf Keltecs listed on page 7. Wow, in MA, those are
cheap! Of course, they are not on the damned list, so WTF? Lets see,
this is a Massachusetts paper, sent to members of Massachusetts clubs
(for the most part) with a flier for a Massachusetts store, advertising guns
that can't be sold in Massachusetts. [rolleyes]

{/Rant}
F

Good rant,man. I am with you on this one. I got my Outdoor Message at the end of last week, so on Saturday afternoon I sat on my front porch with a Scotch and a good cigar to relax and enjoy. Opened up the paper and the Ware Gun Shop add fell out. I drooled and fantasized for a few minutes and then got PO'd. Really annoying IMHO!

Back
Top Bottom