Whats the most you ever spent on "1" surplup?

Whats the most you ever spent on one surplup?

Come on be honest i'm sure once or twice we all have been foolish with are hard earned dollars?

I was new at this and maybe a little foolish but about 5 years ago at the BIG E i paid $650 for a refurb SVT-40 Tokarev that appeared to be unfired there was no case ring mark on the bolt face at all. When i got to the range it was single shot only. I found out the scribed lines on the gas valve had to be perfectly lined up so it would function. Once i set it correctly it cycles fine today. The gas ports are very small holes in the tokarev. I figured it was sold because it wouldn't cycle. I never got upset because i knew it would be an easy fix. I got the info from www.gunboards.com on his tokarev site. That sure saved my butt at the time.

I have noticed in the refurbs the gas systems are brand new and in the orginals the gas systems can be corroded from the ammo.

My second buy on a whim is one of my prettiest its an FN49 venezulain 7mm that i just couldn't pass up. It has the prettiest tiger striping/fiddleback i have ever seen on an FN49 and i had to have it at all costs. I gave $700 for it but its one of the last ones to fill my FN49 collection. Plus i really like the 7mm mauser round too(7x57). She is in excellent + condition too it just spoke to me. The 7mm FN49 is the one i always wanted to get too. I have seen these as high as $1,500 to $1,700 too.

I maybe made two mistakes in the past but as time goes on what i paid the valuve will be much higher in the future. In the loss and gain department I did find an orginal SVT-40 for $300 plus i found an egyptian FN49 8mm for $270 and a Luxemborg FN49 30-06 for $399 the better buys do out weigh the ones i paid a lot for i guess. I'm not crazy about the high priced stuff too because i'm very frugal most of the time.

Mauser K98 Russian Capture bnz with Single Rune (made in Mauthausen concentration camp under SS guard supervision) from Dennis for $550.

The most I've spent for any firearm is my Springfield Loaded M1A for $900 but I sold off 2 Thermold mags that came with it for $45. So total out of pocket was $855.
For a real milsurp, it would be my HRA service Grade M1 Garand from the CMP, $525.

$700 for an 1884 Springfield .45-70 Trapdoor.
trapdoor.jpg

for a repro Milsurp - $750 for a Thompson 1928a1
tommy2.jpg

I want to get the military foregrip for it soon to replace the 'civilian' version.

Seems strange that my new 1911 .45 would cost more than either of these.

The definition of a Real MilSurp gets twisted in my case. My L1A1 and M14 are builds done on new receivers, using MilSurp parts. My RomAK 3 and WASR are new production guns, but the RomAK 3 is a real military weapon. Do they qualify?

For real guns, that qualify as C&R's in their current condition, the highest cost ones would be my 1917 Colt ($480) and my Winchester M1 ($400 for the gun, about $100 for the stock and an extra $100+ in other parts).

Whats this "real Surplup" thing? My svt-40 could of seen three fronts/ three wars? it doesn't qualify as a real war vet? It could of gone from russian hands in the winter war to the finnish hands back to the russians again to fight the germans and the germans captured them too so it could of seen 4 battle fronts who knows? It could of seen a lot more action too.

The american stuff only seen the germans and the japanese fronts but no gun seen both because there was two wars being fought at the sametime.

I don't have any american military stuff i'm too busy getting some of the european stuff before its all gone. The only thing i like is the fulton armory
m14 and that will always be around. Someday i might buy american who knows?

BigBill said:
Whats this "real Surplup" thing?
It's a firearm that was once owned by a Government and then at one time found it's way into civilian hands whether used in a conflict or not.
I don't consider my M1A a milsurp, it's a replica of a milsurp. Same with my WASR-10.

JonJ said:
It's a firearm that was once owned by a Government and then at one time found it's way into civilian hands whether used in a conflict or not.
I don't consider my M1A a milsurp, it's a replica of a milsurp. Same with my WASR-10.

I consider them military style guns after all there designed from the orginals while they may not be a real war veteran and didn't see action there still the samey/same thing to me. Most of the imported AK's were full auto and redone by century arms. Again there still an AK varient too. Its good to have a combination of both. I like them all thats my only problem.

BigBill said:
Whats the most you ever spent on one surplup?

Come on be honest i'm sure once or twice we all have been foolish with are hard earned dollars?

Well from this pic:

Bringback transferable MP44 cost me $10,000+/- 3 or so years ago...

As far as "regular stuff" my PPK also a bring back was about $750

The luger ran about $500, and the two K98's were cheap...

2006330161131_kraut2.jpg

Milsurps 4 Me said:
I wanna lick the screen every time I see that thing. [smile]

WOW WEEE!!!!! ME TOO!!!!!!! Nice!!!! Thats a real purdy one for sure!!!! Sometimes the price doesn't matter when its a "I gotta have it" how true it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom