• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats the gun you sold?

What's the gun you sold that you regret the most?

I sold a Colt 1911a1 goverment model in nickle it was the prettiest 45acp i have ever seen. I purchased it new and parted with it a few years later. I traded it in for one of the first Ruger Redhawks in stainless in 44mag when they first came out. Back then the S&W model 29's were hard to get too when the dirty harry movie came out. A few years later Ruger manufactured one thank god they did.

S&W Model 19 - first gun I ever bought. Sold it to my best friend, and he won't sell it back. [wink] I don't blame him; she's a sweet shooter.

I sometimes regret selling my Yugo 59/66 SKS to JayG because it came with a log book numbered to that rifle.
Man I'm getting anal about having milsurp accessories.[hmmm]

Colt 1911 Mk IV Series 70 that I bought new, couldn't shoot it well, stashed it in the safe for + years then sold it to DD. About 2 years later I learned that my problem was the long trigger and a short trigger dropped in for <$20 would have made it a very shootable gun!

I know it's in good hands! I've since replaced it with a S&W 1911 (and added a short trigger).

This wasn't sold. It was given up in a divorce. A 1945 Remington-Rand 1911A1 in good shape to my ex-wife. She said she wanted it. Turns out she gave it to her BIL (a former Marine). When he died the family sold it. But did not offer it to me.

[crying]

I sometimes regret selling my Yugo 59/66 SKS to JayG because it came with a log book numbered to that rifle.
Man I'm getting anal about having milsurp accessories.[hmmm]

Milsurps,

I've got no particular attachment to that SKS; if you want to swap for one of equal (or better[smile]) quality I'd be happy to do so.

As for the one I sold that I regret, well, I haven't sold any mil-surps yet. The one gun I do regret selling (trading, actually) was the Sig 229. But it was traded for a sweeeet Colt...

Milsurps,

I've got no particular attachment to that SKS; if you want to swap for one of equal (or better[smile]) quality I'd be happy to do so.

As for the one I sold that I regret, well, I haven't sold any mil-surps yet. The one gun I do regret selling (trading, actually) was the Sig 229. But it was traded for a sweeeet Colt...

I'm still collecting and just have 1 Yugo thats completely mint. I was thinking of getting a few with consecutive serial numbers so ya never know.
For now just treat her like a lady. Keep her clean and oiled both metal and wood (she likes having her butt rubbed with Formby's Lemon Oil for wood[laugh]) and keep her diary (log book) close by.
Who knows, maybe one day you'll wanna get rid of it and I'll have the cash. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom