Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Sig P238

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Glock 42

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 47.2%

• Total voters
It's definitely subjective. For example, I can't shoot a PM9 at all, doesn't fit my hand whatsoever.

Regarding concealment, semis have a rectangular shape, while the admittedly thicker revolver is more rounded. I find that the wheel gun conceals very well.

Being a low capacity, hard to reload item is definitely a downside (well, two). While I absolutely understand the value of capacity, I, personally, am comfortable with the snubbie. If I'm going into the woods, into Boston, etc I'll bring my Glock instead. But most of the time I'm comfortable with just five rounds; I figure the likelihood of me needing more than that while sitting on my deck or walking around the neighborhood is pretty slim.

I like my LCP. I’m interested to see the new LCP Max. Double stack, real sights, and lost round bolt hold open. Just about the same size

That is a solid review and a useful post.
I love wheel guns, but have never been a fan of snubbies. I like the simplicity and general reliability of revolvers but I can't see how it would conceal better than a 1" wide semi.
I can also reload a lot faster than I can a wheel gun but like anything, the more you do it, the better you get.
Like we always say, find what works for you and stick with it. I am always surprised by the accuracy and shootability of my PM9 and I have big hands. Yeah you have to hang on to that little sucker, but recoil is not as bad as you would think.
38 special is a capable round, and there are plenty of options, but I think 9mm is probably more likely to be on the shelf.
I bought a couple of cases of HST .38+P before the craziness. Consistant, 13 inch penetration and expands to .70 consistantly in gel. Plenty on my shelf.

I’m amazed at how a pistol prints in my pocket, (always wear jeans), and nobody in public ever notices. When I get the Sig back from repair I’m going to try to pocket carry it more often. Without the extended magazine. This DM Bullard holster works surprisingly well. Prints like a mofo though. DE0F63A8-8117-45D4-A67D-E54198820231.jpeg

... pickpocketed a couple of times.
A couple of times?
Some say situational awareness is key.
Others say "WTF is my wallet?".

I know someone who almost lost their wallet, and their ass,
in a street market in Guayaquil(?).
They just slashed through his hip pocket with a razor blade,
but he felt the tug, and spun around in surprise before they could grab the wallet.

He showed me the wallet; it had a slash most of the way through it.
If he had been carrying less cash,
they would have slashed into his butt cheek with no F's given. [shocked]

For me, pocket carry is the last resort and the last option for carrying a gun.
However, Tim (with some good ground work) made good use of it.
Hopefully the video is queued up to 1:07.

Primary pocket holster is a Nemesis.

View attachment 498650View attachment 498651

I have another one called TDOM or something, ~$15 from Amazon. I use it for AIWB. I wouldn't carry a semi-auto in such a cheap holster, as I mentioned before.

I’m amazed at how a pistol prints in my pocket, (always wear jeans), and nobody in public ever notices. When I get the Sig back from repair I’m going to try to pocket carry it more often. Without the extended magazine. This DM Bullard holster works surprisingly well. Prints like a mofo though.View attachment 498687

I'm partial to the Alabama Pocket Holster. It's kydex, thin & has good retention and a thumb break that makes it easy to extract. It's around $40 and takes 4-6 weeks to deliver, but I have had one for all of my carry guns including the 238, 938 and now 365.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I'm partial to the Alabama Pocket Holster. It's kydex, thin & has good retention and a thumb break that makes it easy to extract. It's around $40 and takes 4-6 weeks to deliver, but I have had one for all of my carry guns including the 238, 938 and now 365.
Does it actually stay in your pocket when you draw?

Does it actually stay in your pocket when you draw?

Yeah, very much so. There's a lip that you can press down w/ your thumb and the hook on the bottom will grab your pants even if you don't use the thumb break. Vedder makes a similar kydex one but no thumb break and the hook/base is narrower so it tends to move around more in the pocket and go on its side in a larger barn jacket type pocket.

S&W 337pd is my choice, but it wasn't an option 642 was the closest like and kind. 10.8oz of hurt on both ends...

They still make those?

I thought so. I don't keep up with Sig.

I checked, they do still make them and also the 938. I'm not surprised that they'd still make the 238 since they don't have any other .380 micros, I am surprised they're still making the 938 since they came out w/ the 365 which is only a hair larger and just about better in every other way.

All you pocket LCP guys might be interested in new LCP double stack 380. Looks very much still pocketable, but 10+1 rounds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccRDPCjeFY

That said, I hate most pocket pistol sized guns now. I actually started off with a BG380 as my first hand-me-down pistol. Thought I didn't like shooting until I got a slightly bigger gun. Have been only going bigger since then.

All you pocket LCP guys might be interested in new LCP double stack 380. Looks very much still pocketable, but 10+1 rounds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GccRDPCjeFY

That said, I hate most pocket pistol sized guns now. I actually started off with a BG380 as my first hand-me-down pistol. Thought I didn't like shooting until I got a slightly bigger gun. Have been only going bigger since then.

This looks promising. Ruger keeps delivering and we have yet to see a Bodyguard 2.0 with a better trigger and better sights.

Back
Top Bottom