Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Sig P238

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Glock 42

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 47.2%

• Total voters
I'm sure this has been debated at ranges and gun shops, but I couldn't find anything here... what's ideal for pocket carry? I've been researching a lot on the LCR 38 and S&W 642/442. They seem to be the most popular options. I'm not too familiar with J-frames, I had a S&W Bodyguard .38 10 years ago and hated it, but I was a new shooter then. I'm wondering how bad is the recoil in either one if anyone has experience with them. Did you shoot standard pressure or +P? What weight, 130gr, 158gr etc. ? Like I said these would be for pocket, but I'd want to be comfortable using them... not expecting to put 1k rounds at the range. Curve ball; how does the Bodyguard .380 compare to both? Any input and suggestions would be appreciated.

I carried a 638 for years, i still do sometime. I’ll never get rid of it. I put an apex spring kit in years ago, then practiced 100 rds every couple of weeks for about a year. If you put in the time, its a joy to shoot. Never shot +p or higher gr ammo. Usually reloads from Freedom Munitions.

i hated shooting the bg380

Last edited:
PM9 for the pocket.
365 IWB
Big ass gun OWB or Shoulder holster.

If I have to pocket carry, it's hard to beat the Kahr.
EDC is a Sig p365 in a IWB kydex kolster with a spare mag in a horizontal mag carrier.

But when the weather allows, a full size 1911 or Sig.

Should have listed SIG 238/938.

True-Spec pants have large enough pockets for almost anything with a barrel less than 4 inches, but double-stacks are going to be bulky.
I've shot both. I had a G43 at the time and someone at the range was trying to convert me to the 938, it's too snappy though. The 238 is nice, I liked it. I just wasn't sure if it could fit well in the pocket. Plus they're pricey. The guy who let me shoot it had it on his waist.

i never carry in the pocket after i was pickpocketed a couple of times. you never think it is possible until it is done to you.
my other is sig p365, iwb.

I had a G43 and was too big for pocket IMO
Wallet holster and good to go, unless you are wearing skinny jeans. No, I'm not trying to be funny- I find jeans to be the only pants that don't have room for the G43. Dress pants, khakis, shorts- all good.

Wallet holster and good to go, unless you are wearing skinny jeans. No, I'm not trying to be funny- I find jeans to be the only pants that don't have room for the G43. Dress pants, khakis, shorts- all good.
That makes sense I usually wear jeans majority of the time (all year), but since it's since Summer cargo shorts are my go-to if hot enough.

Back
Top Bottom