Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Sig P238

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Glock 42

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 47.2%

• Total voters
I can’t stand lill gunz. I carry doodie sized, (SP2022 mostly). Had a 365 SAS and couldn’t hit shit. So, there’s some dryer lint, some loose change, a lighter and a zero tolerance Sinkevich 3.5”in my pocket.

Those comfortably fit in the pocket?
The P365's size isn't bad. The problem is the weight.

The smallest 9mm readily available is a Kahr PM9 and its definitely pocketable. But too heavy for me. I owned one.

I now pocket carry a Kahr P380. Its not perfect but its small and light enough to be what I call an "always gun". Which something like the G42 or J frame is not.
It even shoots reasonably well and is completely reliable now that I know what to feed it.

Don

This looks promising. Ruger keeps delivering and we have yet to see a Bodyguard 2.0 with a better trigger and better sights.
They also have to work out the kinks with improving primer strike reliability without putting any more weight on the trigger. I think they could achieve this if they move away from the V1 pre-cocked hammer design in favor of striker fire. This would, in turn, allow for a nicer trigger feel. Although, they must have gone hammer for a reason in V1. Maybe size/space limitations?

I pocket carried an original LCP for a while, but man that trigger was atrocious. I’ll have to try the new LCP plus’s trigger at a store first, but I’m tempted to add a pocket carry option back into my rotation.

I pocket carried an original LCP for a while, but man that trigger was atrocious. I’ll have to try the new LCP plus’s trigger at a store first, but I’m tempted to add a pocket carry option back into my rotation.
I knew a guy who was a phenomenal IPSC shooter with his tuned race gun.
After the match he'd put it away and carry an AMT backup (.45ACP) in a fanny pack!
THAT had an atrocious trigger.

Trying to get my hands on a new Ruger,LCP Max, .380.
Capacity 10
Weight 10.6 oz.
Height 4"
Width 5.17"
Slide width 1"
MFG. List $449.00

I'm no Ruger fan boy, but this has got to be great, for pocket carry, in shorts.
Before you poo poo .380, listen to this. I saw the Lucky Gunner Labs, test results of the Hornady, 90 gr., critical defense round in .380. After first going through 4 layers of cloth, the hornady critical defense, 90 gr., .380 round, consistantly achieved13.2" penetration and expanded to .52", in ballistic gel. All 9mm carry ammo, doesn't do this well. A few 9mm carry choices do. When you consider size, weight and performance, I don't know of another ammo/gun combination that fills the summer pocket carry issue , better than this one.

Last edited:
The alloy J frames are very convenient for pocket carry and won’t weigh you down. The recoil with +p 38 is harsh but tolerable. I recommend installing some hogue boot grips, these grips absorb some recoil and vibration. And make a typical range session(50 rounds) somewhat enjoyable. A good trigger job is also advisable. I would not vouch for the scandium framed 357 snub, shooting full house loads in this six gun is like catching a swinging aluminum baseball bat with your bare hands. Not fun.

Last edited:
The alloy J frames are very convenient for pocket carry and won’t weigh you down. The recoil with +p 38 is harsh but tolerable. I recommend installing some hogue boot grips, these grips absorb some recoil and vibration. And make a typical range session(50 rounds) somewhat enjoyable. A good trigger job is also advisable. I would not vouch for the scandium framed 357 snub, shooting full house loads in this six gun is like catching a swinging aluminum baseball bat with your bare hands. Not fun.

Shot a friends Scandium 357 with full load rounds. It was no fun what so ever. The third round cut the web between thumb and forefinger. Hurt like hell.

I carry an old Taurus model 85 in .38. I picked it up on the cheap years ago and its gone bang every time I've shot it and it's heavy enough that it's not unpleasant to shoot at the range. Trigger is heavy as hell and pretty long, but it works.

Thinking about replacing it with either an LCR or an LCP though.

Back
Top Bottom