What Would You Do In This Scenario?

It is worth noting that a police officer was severely wounded at this scene, and nearly bled out. (Well they say he did bleed out, and only heroic medical treatment re-filled him fast enough). The police had their blue lights on, so there was no doubt about who was the bad guy.

Action from this home owner might have prevented those injuries. Of course, had they been prevented, the guy in the home would be arguing theoretically.

Tactically the bad guys messed up by leaving headlights on (aimed at them) -- but it was good for the pictures.

Last edited:
Bayonet charge. I gotta figure something to do with the spike I got with my new gb Mosin, and it's a bit awkward for a paperweight...

Good point, but ........

Note to self, before sheltering in place, grab a real camera, take great pictures then sell them for $$$$$$$ and buy more guns/ammo

I would have taken as many pics as possible of the scene outside my window (without getting perforated in the process), and posted those pics on NES immediately.

This might help you decide

ZdLUN2ih.jpg

Think about this instead, in LA the cops lit up several vehicles that were not only not the suspect, but they were a different color and contained females.

Shooting in that situation is a great way to get the cops shooting at you.

I would have been so horny to whack that tango, I would have tightly wrapped the V-TAC sling on my rifle around my neck and whacked a tango.

Once I caught my breath and got the feeling back in my face, I would post about it on NES to see if what I did was legal.

Had they seen you're muzzle flash [etc, etc,..]

The residents of that street don't realize how lucky they were that none of their windows reflected the muzzle flash of the bad guys.

And the squads that were on site must have been exquisitely trained to assign someone to scan the adjacent houses while there was an active shooter aiming at them. Amateurs always say that all they see is the gun and have trouble with a description of the shooter, the professionals scan the neighborhood.

Btw, it's good the guy's camera wasn't set for Auto-Flash. Besides ruining the image with a bright window screen, he'd likely be dead.

Interestingly, the creep wasn't hit seriously until he charged the police position.

--jcr

I wouldn't get involved....you would stand a good chance of getting shot including members of your family, you would likely get arrested and have your arms
confiscated and to be labled as unsuitable. IMO

if bullets are coming through your house, walls and office chair, guess what, you're already involved.... throw the window open, get the 4-9x scope out and aim for a gut shot....

how do you even know the two guys on the other end are bad guys and not being unfairly targeted by police? jeez

Now Len, the policy here is to NOT let cops into your house......[grin]

I know, I know . . . NES is anti-police . . . never talk to the police, never let them enter your house, etc.

My posting that was a thought that reflects my background and where I live, not a metropolitan area where nobody knows anyone.

If/when I call the police in my town, I identify myself and having worked for them for years and knowing many on a first-name basis, my credibility with them is a lot higher than the average person. I'll admit that if I lived in Boston (perish the thought), as one of xxx,xxx subjects, totally unknown to anyone in authority, I indeed would have second thoughts on my suggestion.

Easy there Sheldon, it was a joke.

If you want to fire at people, just enlist. There are plenty of recruiters out there.
It is never a bad idea to stay out of the business of professionals at work. It's that easy.
On top of that, you're at the window in a building. From a tactical point of view, you hold the high ground and become the priority target numero uno for any sniper out there.

Last edited:
As I said in the other thread, I would have called 911 and asked them if they wanted me to shoot.

I would be happy to shoot the dude and save everyone a lot of trouble but the truth is that a.) The cops want to be our sole protectors and b.) gun licenses can easily be taken away in this state. Why risk your gun license to help people who don't want your help? I'd rather maintain my ability to defend myself and my fam than give that right away and risk death trying to help out where my help is not wanted.

Obviously it would be a very different story if they came in the house. I would probably be holed up somewhere where the cops' poorly aimed shots would be unlikely to find me with a variety of weapons to dispatch them if need be. What sucks is that with the bomb thing, those guys could easily have been a threat to those households without ever entering a house, but good luck getting a judge to see it that way.

It would be great if we lived in a society that valued people defending themselves and their community but we don't. I don't condone vigilantism at all, no one should have been out hunting for these a**h***s....but when its two guys out on the street in front of your house shooting at a huge posse of cops chances are pretty good that they're not on your side.

I see the immediate issue that you have no way of notifying other friendly shooters in the area that you are in fact 'friendly'. All it takes is for someone to see muzzle flash from the window or the sounds of shots coming from a new area, and they then think there's a possible hostile shooter on the 2nd floor. They can't tell where you're aiming, just that shots are now coming from a new vantage point.

Yup you would have been toast!

Til the subhuman is in my living room or on my porch, I'm leaving it to the msp ninja turtles. A 9 at that distance under stress and the possibility of return fire? No thanks Pedro.

Some commenters seem to assume there would be time to dial up the popo and offer assistance. I can't believe the action captured in those photos lasted more than a minute, if that.

Did they ever clearly state that speed bump or Gilligan actually shot the officer that "bled out"? I assumed it was friendly fire.

Back
Top Bottom