What was the best C&R deal - EVER ?

Maybe when North Korea or Iran collapses their piss-poor crap will be C&R ?
Rumor has is that's where all the IHC M1 Garands went. If they haven't destoryed all those infidel rifles yet, I'm sure they'll come back with C.A.I. laser etchings (which, for the record, doesn't bother me outside of the investment prospects of the gun).

k310002_zpsca2356bc.jpg

I particularly like the finish on the orange one.

Is it an opaque finish ? I'm not sure what to call it, or how to achieve it.

Some people would call the color Maple.

But I don't believe many firearms ever used actual Maple. Too hard of a wood. Walnut is a preferred species. What wood do you think the stock is ?

It's real pretty.

On second thought, Kentucky Rifles often used Tiger Maple. So maybe it is ?

The stock on the "orange" one is Beech Beech is similar hardness to a Maple and has a tight graining pattern

Last edited:
Beech is a dense wood the resists cold and moisture. You all know about moisture in wood when it freezes it will split and trees will explode at -60C. I have never fired this one but use the darker one.

k310012_zps16bfb4d6.jpg

I should point out that I did get an SVW MB K98 for free several years ago. It was given to my father by an old WW2 vet who brought it back from Germany and he didn't want it. I've been offered $1500 for it and won't let it go.

And rightly so!

Pics ray pics!!! I have had you tell me about this puppy a lot!!! I am dying here!
[pics]

I was able to fondle it once[smile]

OLD camera pics

Mvc-011f.jpg

Mvc-012f.jpg

bb38da41.jpg

a3134f48.jpg

It looks blued in this pic but its not. Its got the phosphate finish

k98.jpg

I had Juergen look at it when he visited last year and he said the rifle is definitely one of the lastGerman K98k's and that it's a jackpot

FIFY
Somehow it didn't feel right to put this puppy back into your trunk, but I didn't want to put Logan into lockdown

Back
Top Bottom