What towns in Essex County allow hunting?

I've never found an accessible list of towns in Northeast Mass, or anywhere in Mass, that ban the discharge of firearms. For example, Andover has a ban but North Andover does not. I was wondering if readers could contribute information. I've seen deer in numerous places all summer and fall in towns such as Middleton, Danvers, Boxford, Haverhill, West Newbury, Topsfield, Peabody, and was curious as to the legality of hunting in these towns and others.

I would call the towns you are interested in hunting in and just ask them. I know there is a list somewhere, but I can't find it.

Where it comes to finding a place to hunt nothing beats old fashion leg work. If you call the police station they will know.

here are my suggestions

Find Places by looking for trucks and unposted state land, then go to google maps and look for back ways into these places. Also, start early, but it is to late for that.

good luck

I've never found an accessible list of towns in Northeast Mass, or anywhere in Mass, that ban the discharge of firearms. For example, Andover has a ban but North Andover does not. I was wondering if readers could contribute information. I've seen deer in numerous places all summer and fall in towns such as Middleton, Danvers, Boxford, Haverhill, West Newbury, Topsfield, Peabody, and was curious as to the legality of hunting in these towns and others.

Not peabody, not lynnfield. Lynnfield is arrogant about it too. They sent out a note this year stating that no firearms discharges allowed in the town. Then they said, "and to all bow hunters, the only property owners with the requisite sized land would need to grant permission for hunting on that land and not one has in the past."
The town is the only one, save a few developers, who owns/controls that much land. They went on to say that please don't contact the water department because they will not grant permission.[thinking]

Lynnfield

Terra that was good info on Lynnfield. I found a good spot there on town land, with a treestand on it, and was going to ask the Town Clerk for permission with bow. Didn't get around to it.

Back
Top Bottom