What to get next?

Looking for the next fun surplus gun. I have a 2 mosins (91/30, m44) and an sks, any suggestions on something new (yes this is a very broad question) Looking to spend $200-$500 and something with decent ammo availability at reasonably prices? Fire away! Thanks

Ammo is a tough bet rights now. I camt find any 8 mm Mauser, 9x18mak, 7.62x25 or decent priced 54r. That being said in that price range you can get a cz52, cz82, yugo t33, if you really scrounge you might find a decent 03a3.
I been thinking of a enfield of some type they seemed to have jumped in price but I do see a good selection in the sub 500$ range. There's just so many varients I don't know where to begin. There are also several odd hand guns and rifles to be had with a c& r license. I been on theclook out for some older Cz pistols and older not so common semi auto.

I would save an extra $200 and get an M1 from the CMP with 250 rounds of M2 Ball. I just got a k98 and love it but the ammo is about equal in cost to .30-06.

If you want to stick with 7.62x54r, consider a Finn mosin m39. Spectacular rifle, excellent shooters, great historical collectors piece. IIRC they only made about 100k of them, and they aren't importing them anymore, but they are still out there if you take the time to look.

I was going to spend my tax refund on ammo for my collection, but I can't find any in stock! I'm seriously contemplating another CMP purchase. You should probably check them out too while they are still in stock

If you don't have a Garand get one from CMP while you can. there is probably 2 years left. it will double in price when CMP stops selling. you will have a fun gun in the mean time.

as far as handguns, get a tokarov, i love to fire it. it kicks like a mule. they are cheap with a C&R. ammo isn't as cheap as the good old days but what is?
when i shoot the TOk, the people on the range turn around thinking it was a rifle!

What is the application process for CMP? My club isn't on the CMP affiliated club list is that a problem? Thanks, also what quality M1 is a good bet ex: (field,service,special)

What is the application process for CMP? My club isn't on the CMP affiliated club list is that a problem? Thanks, also what quality M1 is a good bet ex: (field,service,special)

multiple threads on grading. service grade is the best bang for the buck. you can go to the CMP forums where people post their latest receipts
CMP process is relatively easy. you need to prove capability to shoot (usually with your LTC, need to belong to an affiliated club ($25) etc...

If you are not already a GOAL member, this is the perfect excuse to join. They are considered a CMP 'club'.

Back
Top Bottom