what to do with my deployment savings...

ChevyGuy91

NES Member
I have my MA LTC A, and I am stationed in CA for another 6-7 months. I have 2 XD40’s, one service and one subcompact, and am heading home in the beginning of the year. I love my XD’s and am considering buying another in 45ACP, or maybe a Kimber Pro Carry or SW 340 .357, I want all 3. The catch I am in is that I can’t buy an XD in MA, and I can buy the other 2 there. Should I buy the XD and see what kind of a price an XD40 will bring in MA?

What would you do in my position?

Thanks for your opinions.

Maybe I don't know the law...but I don't know how you can legally have a MA LTC and buy a handgun out of MA.

I would definitely get stuff in Cali that you can't get in MA, after all you know if you don't like it you can resell it. BTW, I LOVE my XD45 compact, and I live in MA...

Maybe I don't know the law...but I don't know how you can legally have a MA LTC and buy a handgun out of MA.

Under ATF rules, he is a legal resident of 2 states. He can purchase whatever he wants while in residence of either state.

I would buy as many guns that you can afford that you can't get in MA.
You can sell up to 4 a year on an FA10. Sell an XD or 2 (making sure to keep the ones you like) at a modest profit (NIB, never fired) and use this dough to finance purchases back here.

The quickest way to lose friends in this form is to price gouge. Keep it reasonable and modest.

Thank you for your service. My wife is retired Navy.

Thanks for the quick answers, I have been leaning twards another XD anyways, as it is my favorite firearm I have fired. I wonder what a slighty used (500-600 rounds) XD40 service would go for in MA...

Back
Top Bottom