Votes: 5 3.3%
  • .284 Winchester

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other - Comment

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters

JRT

NES Member
The boys and I were sitting around drinking a few beers after working on a new hooch and a discussion ensued on what cartridge defines Fudd life. I felt strongly it couldn't be a MIL cartridge, we all agreed it had to be an old deer hunting cartridge and that WSMs are FUDD. This is the list we ended up with, what are your thoughts?

12 gauge or .243 Win

LOL!!! I just bought a .243.

I'd vote for 16ga as well, since I'd prefer a 16ga for anything anyways.

If we're talking purely rifles that are listed - I have to vote for 30-30. Out west, the .270 may get the nod, but around here no one needs a long range caliber like that.

LOL!!! I just bought a .243.

I'd vote for 16ga as well, since I'd prefer a 16ga for anything anyways.

If we're talking purely rifles that are listed - I have to vote for 30-30. Out west, the .270 may get the nod, but around here no one needs a long range caliber like that.
I just bought my first .243. Now that I think about it the round is kind of fudd. I believe it’s the .30-30.

Who votes for 30-06? You should be ashamed of yourselves. (M1 Garand, BAR)

30-30 yes.

Reality is that most Fudds are lazy tightwads who define ammo availability by what's at their LGS. They don't order ammo online. They don't look hard for ammo. And the one cartridge that's universally available for rifles is... the .30-06.

.30-06 is also available in way more Fudd guns than .30-30 because .30-30 only works in lever actions. The .30-06 works in Fuddtastic favorites like the Rem 700, Savage 110, Rem 760/7600, Rem 740/742/7400, and Browning BAR semi-auto, not the machine gun. Plus break actions like the Ruger No. 1 and NEF Handi-Turd.

Of course, there's also Fudds who do like CMP-style guns, which throws in the M1, M1903, and M1917.

Personally, though, I think that Fudd isn't established by what guns you own, but rather their simple minded cowardly mindset.

Reality is that most Fudds are lazy tightwads who define ammo availability by what's at their LGS. They don't order ammo online. They don't look hard for ammo. And the one cartridge that's universally available for rifles is... the .30-06.

.30-06 is also available in way more Fudd guns than .30-30 because .30-30 only works in lever actions. The .30-06 works in Fuddtastic favorites like the Rem 700, Savage 110, Rem 760/7600, Rem 740/742/7400, and Browning BAR semi-auto, not the machine gun. Plus break actions like the Ruger No. 1 and NEF Handi-Turd.

Of course, there's also Fudds who do like CMP-style guns, which throws in the M1, M1903, and M1917.

Personally, though, I think that Fudd isn't established by what guns you own, but rather their simple minded cowardly mindset.

You're right, but it's funny because the OP started off by saying the Fudd caliber is non military. Then he lists the .30-06 at the beginning.

Bolded line is the part that saves me from being a Fudd. I like Fudd guns, they're cool and they look and smell great. I have never fired an AR-15, and don't want to. When I moved to New Hampshire, my gun purchases mostly consist of lever actions and single shots. I don't like plastic guns and don't feel the need to dress like Tommy Tacticool when I go to the range.

BUT - I'll fight to keep these gay guns legal for you. Because I know that once they take the ARs, they're going to call my lever guns "racist genocide implements to designed to slaughter indigenous people". Then my bolt guns will be "sniper rifles" and my single shots will be "sniper rifles for show offs". So I'd rather fight them on YOUR ground, than on mine.

You're right, but it's funny because the OP started off by saying the Fudd caliber is non military. Then he lists the .30-06 at the beginning.

Bolded line is the part that saves me from being a Fudd. I like Fudd guns, they're cool and they look and smell great. I have never fired an AR-15, and don't want to. When I moved to New Hampshire, my gun purchases mostly consist of lever actions and single shots. I don't like plastic guns and don't feel the need to dress like Tommy Tacticool when I go to the range.

BUT - I'll fight to keep these gay guns legal for you. Because I know that once they take the ARs, they're going to call my lever guns "racist genocide implements to designed to slaughter indigenous people". Then my bolt guns will be "sniper rifles" and my single shots will be "sniper rifles for show offs". So I'd rather fight them on YOUR ground, than on mine.
I noted I don't think MIL rounds can be Fudd. Many don't think thats the case, it had to be on the list. Probably should have added .308 too, it has a strong Fudd vibe.

I'd say there's way more old fudds creaming themselves over mil cartridges than mall ninjas decrying anything but their artisanal hipster calibers.

Has to be 30-06 from the list... Maybe 45 because all the dogma of "muh two world wars, John browning was Jesus reincarnated, and you don't nerx more than 7 rounds in a handgun" drivle.

Fudds are the kind of people who say "I support the 2A" but then whinge at the idea of other people owning things like NFA items or doing a P80 build. They don't support minorities owning guns. They like creating rules and being range Nazis.

Those are Fudds. If someone likes 28-gauge, so what? Just means they like lower recoil.

A Ruger No 1 is not a break action.

Shit, maybe I'm a Fudd, I just took second place in woodchuck killing contest with a Ruger 1 in 22-250. As @Stape noted they are a hammerless falling block action.

Shit, maybe I'm a Fudd, I just took second place in woodchuck killing contest with a Ruger 1 in 22-250. As @Stape noted they are a hammerless falling block action.

Do you say things like "Whaddya need THAT for?" while looking like you're about to have a stroke over someone owning an AK? [laugh]

I spent part of yesterday looking at an Imman Meffert schutzen rifle in 8.15x46r. Nice gun but the FFL paid too much for me to buy it off him.

Eh , i think your wrong 30-30 been around longer than fudds
Fudds 30-30, 22lr and a 4” 38spl is about all a fudd needs oh and a savage/stevens sxs in any gauge

It makes me happy somebody picked 35 Whelen. The old timer down the street is in his 80s and hunts deer with a Remington 700 in .35 Whelen. His ammo boxes have to from the 50s, they are Remington but a deep green color. It's in the list as an homage to Stubby.

Back
Top Bottom