What is your plan?

OK here's the situation, a dirty bomb/terrorist attack/alien invasion/zombie uprising has hit the Greater Boston area. You are responsible for yourself, spouse and two school age children. You have to leave your home so bug-in is not an option. I am interested in what type of material preparations anyone has as well as where you would go, how you would get there, and how long you could stay?

Chris

Well I can load up my SUV pretty fast. I think I'll head over to Purgatory Chasm and hide out in the caves. Works for Bin Laden.[thinking]

A dirty bomb hits boston? Shit, I'm going to sit out on my porch and cheer!!! Yaaaaaay!!!! Menino and his cronies get whacked finally! [smile]

(Yes, I know...I'll be dead too but you gotta take the bad with the good [laugh] )

OK here's the situation, a dirty bomb/terrorist attack/alien invasion/zombie uprising has hit the Greater Boston area. You are responsible for yourself, spouse and two school age children. You have to leave your home so bug-in is not an option. I am interested in what type of material preparations anyone has as well as where you would go, how you would get there, and how long you could stay?

Chris

Well, if its outdoors I'm bound to it'd have to be somewhere with high elevation, maybe Mt Washington, or NW Mass. as I'm guessing the air being thinner and cleaner would clear up much faster or not be contaminated at all. Either way you're probably getting radiation sickness and I haven't stocked up on pills for that, yet. Thats dirty bomb/terrorist attack situation. Standard go to acessories would be a few 5 gallon jugs of water from the cooler jug supply, 2 piece rod and spinning reel fishing pole combos and my under the seat tackle bag with asst soft plastic baits, spinners, jigs, plugs, and tools. The duffel bags I have with camo jackets, boots, blankets, batteries, flashlights, lighters, and survival knives. My quick grab bag with whatever ammo, and magazines I grab for what guns I decide to bring (thats thread on its own but I know would include my Romy AK, my folding Kel Tec carbine and my Mossberg 500 with pistol grip). My Glock 23 is usually right on my hip so that comes too.
The water is already on the back porch as is the fishing gear which is mere feet from my 4 wheel drive truck with xtra cab so loadin is no problem. I could have the guns and go to bags along with ammo containers in the truck in less than 5 minutes. After all were talking survival not worrying if I scratch a stock or reciever with rough handling.[laugh] My truck also contans a med kit, bug spray, flashlight, blanket, extra jacket and the usual "I might need this" items.
I'm screwed for food if it happened tonight because I haven't been to BJs wholesale in a while but ideally would have a case of Dinty Moore Stew, some beef jerky, and maybe a few bags of apples and oranges. A cooler with some ice packs would probably be a good idea along with a cast iron pan.
I gotta think if I told my wife and kid to get jackets, warm footwear and some food together fast they could provide. If not theres always the streams, lakes and trails for food.
All this stuff plus the usual have with you items like a cell phone are well within my reach. Now if were talkin Zombie outbreak, the mall is of course the destination, preferably one with a food store inside like a Super Wal Mart. I've been playing Dead Rising on XBOX 360 and have some ideas.[smile]

Chris

Well, the two school age children are on their own cause I ain't got any! [smile]

As for the rest, both vehicles have a reasonable BOB which can be easily transferred to my SUV. Other supplies are equally easy to transport, so a place to go would be the only question.

I like the Purgatory Chasm, but that seems to be taken already. I really don't know. Depends on where everyone else is going and not going that way.

Maybe we should establish a safe place/fortress somewhere for us to gather. I'm sure we could defend any defensible location from anything but major military. [wink]

RJ

<SNIP> Now if were talkin Zombie outbreak, the mall is of course the destination, preferably one with a food store inside like a Super Wal Mart. I've been playing Dead Rising on XBOX 360 and have some ideas.[smile]

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Zombies! Got that covered with my Bureau 13 gear. [wink]

And I think the Cambridge Galleria would be the ideal place to hang and whack zombies. Mutliple floors with balconies. [smile] The food court is on the first floor, but I figure we could deal with that. [rolleyes]

RJ

My two year retirement and escape plan would have just been expedited to immediate action.

I am prepared and do have a plan but I'm not devulging it here.[smile]

BOB's prepped for both vehicles. Live in the boonies, so first choice would be to hunker down. 2ND choice is my boonie land in NY. 3 hours and I'm untouchable. Food and shelter for as long as needed.

Back
Top Bottom