• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is my reloading setup worth?

I have a Dillon RL550B with tool kit, base, roller handle, bullet trays, .38-.357 and .45 dies and a Lyman Turbo 220 tumbler and a bunch of misc stuff like 10 boxers of primers etc. I am thinking about posting it up but have no idea where to start. All the stuff is like new or in the case of the tumbler, it is new. I bought all this stuff and never used any of it. Any ideas of what I should be realistically asking for it? I have no idea what I paid and it has been sitting probably 6 or 7 years except the primers which are about 2 years old. Any help is appreciated.

Dillon's retain their value due to the no BS warranty. Everything you have if still in perfect working condition and are dillon dies you got yourself about 500-600 worth of valuables give or take $100 bucks. It all depends on if you want to sell it quick or try and get face value. if you try and get close to face value you will be holding on to it a while because we like deals. If your willing to part with the complete setup for reasonable money $450 or so you will see it go quickly.

Sorry to spoil everyone else fun and all the above is just my .02 I am not an auctioneer of goods per say I just gave you what I think its worth.

Dillon's retain their value due to the no BS warranty. Everything you have if still in perfect working condition and are dillon dies you got yourself about 500-600 worth of valuables give or take $100 bucks. It all depends on if you want to sell it quick or try and get face value. if you try and get close to face value you will be holding on to it a while because we like deals. If your willing to part with the complete setup for reasonable money $450 or so you will see it go quickly.

Sorry to spoil everyone else fun and all the above is just my .02 I am not an auctioneer of goods per say I just gave you what I think its worth.

Thanks for the reply. That is in the ballpark of what I was thinking. I really don't care about squeezing the last dollar out of it. It's more important that someone gets it who will really use it and I can recover some of what I have in it.I have no time or interest at this point in reloading. I would rather spend my time shooting. :) I guess I'll take some pics and really get everything listed exactly and post it. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. That is in the ballpark of what I was thinking. I really don't care about squeezing the last dollar out of it. It's more important that someone gets it who will really use it and I can recover some of what I have in it.I have no time or interest at this point in reloading. I would rather spend my time shooting. :) I guess I'll take some pics and really get everything listed exactly and post it. Thanks.

My pleasure as others have stated though you must be a green member to post in the classifieds. That $21 will be well worth it in the long run I can promise you that.

Oh and +1 for just trying to recoup some but not squeeze every penny, some member will be very happy to get the setup.

Last edited:
Is the Green membership that same as a regular membership thats 21.00? Can't find anything that specifically says "Green". Things have changed- been a while since I have been around here., as I have been spending a lot of my time Snow birding in Florida these days, and just spending summers around the North shore.

Last edited:
When I sold my 550 setup I priced it at 80% of what I paid and it was gone fast. I probably could have gotten 90% or more if I waited.

I have been thinking again about attempting to get into reloading. I tried a few months back, but didn't have the time or the money to research best deals in MA,who ships and who doesn't, etc etc.

If the price is right, shoot me a PM. You may not even have to list it.

Still go green if you want though. [wink]

Last edited:
I have a Dillon RL550B with tool kit, base, roller handle, bullet trays, .38-.357 and .45 dies and a Lyman Turbo 220 tumbler and a bunch of misc stuff like 10 boxers of primers etc. I am thinking about posting it up but have no idea where to start. All the stuff is like new or in the case of the tumbler, it is new. I bought all this stuff and never used any of it. Any ideas of what I should be realistically asking for it? I have no idea what I paid and it has been sitting probably 6 or 7 years except the primers which are about 2 years old. Any help is appreciated.

If you bought it and never used it, wouldn't it all be brand new?

I'll take everything but the press itself (because I bought one off the forum a couple months ago). Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Look at what it would cost you to buy it new today from Dillon then list it on ebay with a buy it now price $200 above Dillon's price. It'll likely sell in an hour or so. Don't forget to add a $50 markup to what it will cost to ship it too.

Back
Top Bottom