What is Good Price for CCI Standard Velocity .22?

I'll soon be the proud owner of a S&W 41 and from what I am reading CCI Standard Velocity is the ammo to get. Prices and availability seem to be all over the place.

For those of you who are not new to the game, what is a 'good price' for CCI SV?

I'll soon be the proud owner of a S&W 41 and from what I am reading CCI Standard Velocity is the ammo to get. Prices and availability seem to be all over the place.

For those of you who are not new to the game, what is a 'good price' for CCI SV?
.08 to.10 cents per round seems to be what it sells for. I have had no problem selling some extra that I had for $10 a hundred.
For some reason the CCI Sv and Mini mags seem to still be in short supply. I have some for sale now in the classifieds, not sure where you are located.

I paid $275 shipped for a 5,000 round case of CCI SV two months before Sandy Hook...Needless to say those prices are long gone. Cheapest I see it for now is about $40 per 500.

Four season has it but at $60 for a 500 round brick. That's a bit high.

Are you going to compete with the gun? Sv cci is considered "budget accurate" by most. If you are just going to the club to plink or do rimfire plate shoots federal auto match is good stuff at $20 for 325 so 6 cents a round vs 10 or 11 for cco standard. I use it in my mark III and Ruger 10-22. Been through 8 boxes since my last dudd. It's reliable as hell

Are you going to compete with the gun? Sv cci is considered "budget accurate" by most. If you are just going to the club to plink or do rimfire plate shoots federal auto match is good stuff at $20 for 325 so 6 cents a round vs 10 or 11 for cco standard. I use it in my mark III and Ruger 10-22. Been through 8 boxes since my last dudd. It's reliable as hell

I plan try out bullseye shooting. At my newb level, budget target rounds should be more than sufficient!! Maybe if I ever get good enough I'll care to step it up but for now I'll save the cost and practice more.

It's not so much how accurate the ammo is, it's if it will function in the gun. My 41 won't work with federal or eley match. It's CCI sv or I'm not shooting.

It's not so much how accurate the ammo is, it's if it will function in the gun. My 41 won't work with federal or eley match. It's CCI sv or I'm not shooting.

Then 10 cents and up is the going rate for the op. Kida blows being stuck with one type.

- - - Updated - - -

I plan try out bullseye shooting. At my newb level, budget target rounds should be more than sufficient!! Maybe if I ever get good enough I'll care to step it up but for now I'll save the cost and practice more.

Try a few out. Another poster says only cci standard will run in his 41. If that's the case I'd be looking for another gun.

Cabelas always has it for $4.99 per 50. You can get out online for $4.50. At $4.00 I'd buy a couple of cases.

And yes, CCI SV is what you want for your 41. Don't bother with Federal Automatic or any other "budget" ammo when shooting bullseye. Even as a beginner, you'll see a difference.

Cabelas always has it for $4.99 per 50. You can get out online for $4.50. At $4.00 I'd buy a couple of cases.

And yes, CCI SV is what you want for your 41. Don't bother with Federal Automatic or any other "budget" ammo when shooting bullseye. Even as a beginner, you'll see a difference.

Cases of CCI SV are down to $400 shipped. Pretty good deal for today's market I'd say.

My 41 likes CCI SV but also really likes some of the more expensive stuff....my skills don't really make the more expensive options worth while.

Man, those prices are nuts. I put up 10, 000 rounds a number years ago when I was shooting a lot of bullseye. It was a good investment. Kills me to use it now though. I paid less than what bulk crap ammo is going for now.

cabelas had it for .08 per round last week. i picked up 500 and 500 Aquila. btw, there are plenty of good options in .22. try a lot and see what your gun likes.

My SR22 loves Fed Auto Match, hates Winchester bulk. The CCI Mini Mags and Standard have always been great and usually never pay over 8 bucks per 100 round sleeve

For some reason the CCI Sv and Mini mags seem to still be in short supply.
One reason CCI-SV is in short supply is that it is reliably subsonic and cycles all semi-autos, making it very popular in suppressor-friendly states.

The good news is that stock is up and prices are back down to the "new normal"
I call skinflint
If you want to be a skinflint, CCI Blazer is available as low as 5c a round.

I call skinflint [laugh]

lol

- - - Updated - - -

One reason CCI-SV is in short supply is that it is reliably subsonic and cycles all semi-autos, making it very popular in suppressor-friendly states.

The good news is that stock is up and prices are back down to the "new normal"

If you want to be a skinflint, CCI Blazer is available as low as 5c a round.

Blazer is great if you like having poof rounds every few mags

I've also had very good luck as far as accuracy and function with Gemtech .22 ammo.

Its made by CCI and is very clean. It uses a 43 gr bullet.

As chance would have it, a friend of mine over bought and has a case for sale for $400.

If anyone is interested and wants to try it before buying 5000 rounds let me know. If any established members (green) want to meet me at one of my clubs, I'd be happy to let you try some in your own gun.

I've been very happy with it.

Don

I recently picked up 50 boxes of CCI select at PSA for $8/100 shipped (to a free state)... I think it was a screaming deal. Haven't tried out the select yet, but I like the CCI SV ammo.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don't know where you are located but D&L has it on sale until tonight $44.99/500 or $7.99/100.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Lol, that's what I said after I posted it. That's why I tell my wife to "do the math before reaching for the larger bottle or box" sometimes the smaller packages are cheaper.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I only use CCI SV in my M41's. Shawsheen Firearms in Billerica has been stocking it at a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom