What forms for private MA rifle sale?

I searched the forum but couldn't seem to get an answer to this. I've sold a handgun instate privately in MA and know the procedure, but what about the private sale of a rifle in MA? Is there any difference?

I'm selling a 22LR target rifle privately. I'm a MA resident and will sell to another MA resident.

What forms need to be filled out?
What license does the buyer need to have?

Thanks,
Mark

I searched the forum but couldn't seem to get an answer to this. I've sold a handgun instate privately in MA and know the procedure, but what about the private sale of a rifle in MA? Is there any difference?

I'm selling a 22LR target rifle privately. I'm a MA resident and will sell to another MA resident.

What forms need to be filled out?
What license does the buyer need to have?

You could not have looked too hard. Further, if you had sold a handgun properly, you would be familiar with the FA-10, which has check-off boxes for manufacturers, including some which don't make handguns.

The same form and same procedure apply to ANY transfer of a gun, whether it is a single-shot .22 rifle or a "large capacity" handgun.

As Scrivener stated . . .

Plus they only need an FID card if it is a low-capacity rifle. LTC-B minimum for high-capacity rifle.

Please do some searching/reading in the Gun Laws forum. All the info is in there multiple times.

Change your User CP to show ALL THREADS (default is only 30 days IIRC), so you can more easily spot the info.

Thanks for the info guys.

In my defense, let me say that Len's comment about changing my user CP to All Threads was the key as I didn't realize I was only looking at the last 30 days worth of data.

Learn something new every day...

Back
Top Bottom