What did you do in the reloading room recently?

View attachment 8519551896 SW lemmon squeezer
Hammerless, grip safety and a trigger pull weight 5x worse than the MA trigger shit.
Did we shoot together at Hanson? If so I must have given you those casings when I shot there a decade ago, box is empty I vaguely remember now I gave em to Someone there. it’s starting to come back to me.
If I didn’t give em to you sorry for the excitement!

Attachments

• A949EBA3-6980-4A84-8DCF-41E68EAB46F3.jpeg
    A949EBA3-6980-4A84-8DCF-41E68EAB46F3.jpeg
    786.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Loaded 600 rounds of 124grn 9mm, (4.0 Titegroup), for a Glock match this coming weekend.

Pro Tip - Pay attention - when you close the press on your fingers; it's quite possible to gouge yourself with the sharp piece of brass as well as crush a couple fingers.
2 old timer adages Come to mind

1 don’t put your fingers where you wouldn’t put your Wang
2 gotta be smarter than what you’re working with
Prayers!

Today I tried a few of the 7.62x54r reloads I posted about a few weeks back. The only targets I had on hand were not the best choice for a 3.5x PU scope, and I could only barely see a hint of the red center at 50 yards. It turned into a game of trying to line up the black post in the middle of the black target, but I could not be happier with the results. I usually shoot surplus light ball out of this rifle and had no idea it has the potential to be pretty accurate!

Again, these groups were shot at 50 yards, just to see if handloading this caliber for this rifle makes sense. This included three different powder weights, and that last one could definitely be felt in the shoulder! The center group came it at about .4" and is 43.0 grains of IMR4895 with a Hornady 174 gr FMJBT. I'm going to order up some better targets and experiment more with these loads.

IMG_5811.jpg

For those interested in Mosins, this is an original 1944 Izhevsk PU sniper. It was part of a batch Samco imported 15-20 years ago from Yugoslavia. Russia sent them to Yugoslavia after the war, so they were not treated to the sandpaper, paint, and shellac most other Mosins got post WWII. It has an original sniper trigger and bolt, but the scope and mount are both pretty decent repros.

Last edited:
Did we shoot together at Hanson? If so I must have given you those casings when I shot there a decade ago, box is empty I vaguely remember now I gave em to Someone there. it’s starting to come back to me.
If I didn’t give em to you sorry for the excitement!
Its very possible ? Although my memory is shit. If you did give them to me thank you . I have traded off so much stuff since NES its crazy.
I have received stuff in the mail for free and have no real memory of who or why lol.
As for my 32 sw I shoot maybe 15 rounds a year. I meet 2 old guys there once a year and we have a shoot off. Winner gets bragging rights

Its very possible ? Although my memory is shit. If you did give them to me thank you . I have traded off so much stuff since NES its crazy.
I have received stuff in the mail for free and have no real memory of who or why lol.
As for my 32 sw I shoot maybe 15 rounds a year. I meet 2 old guys there once a year and we have a shoot off. Winner gets bragging rights
Yeah it was me we were ordering pallets of powder and components together. I had just bought my M1A scout and had to feed it.
I was going through the receipts I have from a decade ago from those shipments and came across your name on one of them
I miss shooting at Hanson, i bought a house with some proprietary in plymouth I was shooting in my back yard till they developed some space behind me

Today I tried a few of the 7.62x54r reloads I posted about a few weeks back. The only targets I had on hand were not the best choice for a 3.5x PU scope, and I could only barely see a hint of the red center at 50 yards. It turned into a game of trying to line up the black post in the middle of the black target, but I could not be happier with the results. I usually shoot surplus light ball out of this rifle and had no idea it has the potential to be pretty accurate!

Again, these groups were shot at 50 yards, just to see if handloading this caliber for this rifle makes sense. This included three different powder weights, and that last one could definitely be felt in the shoulder! The center group came it at about .4" and is 43.0 grains of IMR4895 with a Hornady 174 gr FMJBT. I'm going to order up some better targets and experiment more with these loads.

View attachment 852841

For those interested in Mosins, this is an original 1944 Izhevsk PU sniper. It was part of a batch Samco imported 15-20 years ago from Yugoslavia. Russia sent them to Yugoslavia after the war, so they were not treated to the sandpaper, paint, and shellac most other Mosins got post WWII. It has an original sniper trigger and bolt, but the scope and mount are both pretty decent repros.
Nice! You need any brass? I’m selling off my Mosin with a bunch of ammo and I kept all the PPU brass I shot. 116 cases once fired and clean
IMG_4165.jpeg IMG_4166.jpeg

Yeah it was me we were ordering pallets of powder and components together. I had just bought my M1A scout and had to feed it.
I was going through the receipts I have from a decade ago from those shipments and came across your name on one of them
I miss shooting at Hanson, i bought a house with some proprietary in plymouth I was shooting in my back yard till they developed some space behind me
Ah the group buys 10 plus years ago , did you get in on the surplus powder buy?
I miss the primer group buys.
Sadly the core of my group have either passed or have moved.
Old wideners and SOG are gone
And there was another place I have forgotten the name we did well with.

Ah the group buys 10 plus years ago , did you get in on the surplus powder buy?
I miss the primer group buys.
Sadly the core of my group have either passed or have moved.
Old wideners and SOG are gone
And there was another place I have forgotten the name we did well with.
Oh yeah I still have slips

Attachments

• 07567575-B413-4C7D-82E3-332EE8C36326.jpeg
    07567575-B413-4C7D-82E3-332EE8C36326.jpeg
    982.3 KB · Views: 17
Loaded some 115 V-Crowns and some 124 HST (Pulled components with P marks on their bases. Did not look like regular HST upon expansion)
Pen was right about 16” some just short of the gel and some exited but stuck in the cardboard box behind it.

Loaded some 115 V-Crowns and some 124 HST (Pulled components with P marks on their bases. Did not look like regular HST upon expansion)
Pen was right about 16” some just short of the gel and some exited but stuck in the cardboard box behind it.
V-Crowns up top.
“P” Marked “HST” down bottom. Guessing they either missed a step in the processing or the company that sells them mislabeled them because they don’t look like HSTs. Either way near 100% weight retention and great expansion.
IMG_3713.jpeg

V-Crowns up top.
“P” Marked “HST” down bottom. Guessing they either missed a step in the processing or the company that sells them mislabeled them because they don’t look like HSTs. Either way near 100% weight retention and great expansion.
View attachment 854441
I have some of the 124g pulled HSTs as well, but mine aren't marked "P" on the base.

Came across this while processing 9mm brass,

Attachments

• 58B00D4D-79BF-4596-9E48-CC8EFFD7F2ED.jpeg
    58B00D4D-79BF-4596-9E48-CC8EFFD7F2ED.jpeg
    860.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 8E3AED8E-32A8-425C-BD1C-3C2106A0BABF.jpeg
    8E3AED8E-32A8-425C-BD1C-3C2106A0BABF.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 32
  • F38976BF-FBC0-450C-95F8-7CFCCE198ABB.jpeg
    F38976BF-FBC0-450C-95F8-7CFCCE198ABB.jpeg
    892.9 KB · Views: 32
Back