What did you do in the reloading room recently?

No Unique. Good to know. Will grab some the next time come across it. Thanks.
Works great in just about any cartridge. If you shoot cast bullets in rifle cartridges it’s amazing for reduced mouse fart loads. From 38 wadcutters up to 45-70 I use it for just about everything.

Loaded up another 800 30 carbine

14.2 gn H110
1.668 COAL
110 gn plated round nose
Federal small rifle primer

H110 meters so well this is an easy round to load on the progressive. I’ve got about 600 more to go before I’m out of brass. I got lucky with some estate sales selling me “all 9 mm and 45” which included a lot of 30 carbine. Very lucky as I see it going for 20 cents or so a case. That makes sense considering factory ammo is now 70 cents.

My cost for these are 20 cents.

6 cents in powder
7 cents for projectile
7 cents for primer

Brass prep = priceless

Put together 200 rnds of 9mm- 124 gr PHP over 4 gr of W231.
Over last weekend put together 350 rnds 380- 95gr JHP over 3 gr of W231. Ran out of projo’s.
Moving on to 45 acp. Will put together some 230gr + 185gr JHP’s. Will switch to CFE-P

Been a few busy weeks.

After some testing I made 1500 9mm subs with 147 gr. FMJ and CFE Pistol. Sounds awesome in the MP5.

Made 3000 124 gr. 9mm plinking rounds.

Starting prepping 223/5.56 brass. Wet tumbled, deprimed, sized and trimmed. Have several thousand to work through.

Today I ordered 1000 Hornady XTP 158 gr. hollow points to load up some 357 magnum rounds for deer hunting and plinking.

If you haven’t tried it, a suppressed lever gun will put a giant smile on your face.

Been a few busy weeks.

After some testing I made 1500 9mm subs with 147 gr. FMJ and CFE Pistol. Sounds awesome in the MP5.

Made 3000 124 gr. 9mm plinking rounds.

Starting prepping 223/5.56 brass. Wet tumbled, deprimed, sized and trimmed. Have several thousand to work through.

Today I ordered 1000 Hornady XTP 158 gr. hollow points to load up some 357 magnum rounds for deer hunting and plinking.

If you haven’t tried it, a suppressed lever gun will put a giant smile on your face.
nice. What powder you running with the XTPs?

I would LOOOOOVE to have a suppressor on my Marlin 357. Maybe someday I’ll move to a free state or get an FFL so I can have suppressors

nice. What powder you running with the XTPs?

I would LOOOOOVE to have a suppressor on my Marlin 357. Maybe someday I’ll move to a free state or get an FFL so I can have suppressors
Going to start with H110. Reviews have been great but I haven’t actually loaded it myself yet.
Found the XTP’s available in bulk in either 500 round or 2300 round case on sale.

Move to NH like I did. Put a 3 lug on it so you don’t need to worry about it coming loose while walking in the woods. Not only can you use a rifle to guns but suppressors as well.

Last edited:
Today I set up my first progressive press and loaded 500 rounds of 9mm.

Holy moly, this is way better than a single stage. What used to take me days, took me hours. Took a long time carefully setting up, but once I got going it was smooth sailing! Really digging it. Going to try some .223 plinking loads next.

Holy moly, this is way better than a single stage. What used to take me days, took me hours. Took a long time carefully setting up, but once I got going it was smooth sailing! Really digging it. Going to try some .223 plinking loads next.
Im a stingy mf, but once I had the 650 running I had zero regrets. Thinking about how long it would take me to load X rounds on a single stage vs how long it would take me to shoot those same X rounds, there's no other way to go. I still use the ss, but for calibers I shoot in bulk, there's no way I could ever go back. 9mm is particularly torturous on a ss.

the only trick is to have a good way to control accuracy of the drops it makes when you run a batch - if you want it to be consistent down to 0.3-0.2 gr

That's how I roll with general range fodder. When I make my bullseye league loads I use all the same headstamps and track number of times loaded
Me as well. Rifle is tracked and batched, most of my pistol ammo is range pick up. .357 is the “hottest” handgun round I load, so that brass is tracked and batches tossed if I get a split. Otherwise, mixed cases is good to go.

View attachment 743955

Ended up loading more of these x39’s. For the 300blk I don’t know if I want to go with a 175 gr fmj or a cast bullet. I might have to pick up a good 308 mold or size down my .312.
Those cases look awfully pink - what are you cleaning them in?
Or is it just the light and camera...

100 rounds 357. I usually don't use cast for my 357 mag but figured make some up for cheep range use. Powder charge is on the low end according to my manual I've never loaded cast in 357 mag figured I'd start on the slow velocity side.

357 mag
11.3 grains 2400
158 grain crnfp
Oal 1.579
20230422_101411.jpg

Last edited:
100 rounds 357. I usually don't use cast for my 357 mag but figured make some up for cheep range use. Powder charge is on the low end according to my manual I've never loaded cast in 357 mag figured I'd start on the slow velocity side.

357 mag
11.3 grains 2400
158 grain crnfp
Oal 1.579
View attachment 744940
Definitely on the low side for 2400.

If you like that, moderate load, you could look into something a little bit faster burning like unique or universal to get a nice mild magnum feel

Back
Top Bottom