What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I dug out a strip of leds to do this ( originally to line gun cab) the “plastic” covering the leds turned all yellow and the lights are not brite! O well they where cheap shit and the adhesive back was a bit less than adhesive
If you want a section of what I used, shoot me a PM. If you can solder, you can connect them up to a power supply. Or I could send the end that has the connector on it (you'll need to get the power supply to connect still). These strips use the SMD5630 elements/emitters. 84 over almost 20" of run.

i`ve upgraded from brass-ratting to brass-beggin. got 3 20rd packs of .308 brass from a guy at the range today, presumably what he did not need. :)

tumbled it and ready to prime and process now. 6.5CM loads with R16 worked out great, varget substitute worked out great, all proceeds rather well.

i`ve upgraded from brass-ratting to brass-beggin. got 3 20rd packs of .308 brass from a guy at the range today, presumably what he did not need. :)

tumbled it and ready to prime and process now. 6.5CM loads with R16 worked out great, varget substitute worked out great, all proceeds rather well.
Nice , I came home to a boxObrass sitting on the steps. Mostly LC308 and assorted 06. My kids said it was skinny santa
That can only be old man I know who trades every so often.
Always good brass too.
Sorting as I type image.jpg

Fireformed 50 6BRA cases today and off to the tumbler. Not bad for not doing any load workup. I purchased these bullets just for fireforming but I might try to work up a load as a practice/club match round. I also found out that Lapua BR brass has a smaller than normal flash hole :(.

Lapua 6BRA
IMR 4064
BR4
Hornady 105 HPBT jammed .010"
2760FPS tempImage9Xgi4l.png

Fireformed 50 6BRA cases today and off to the tumbler. Not bad for not doing any load workup. I purchased these bullets just for fireforming but I might try to work up a load as a practice/club match round. I also found out that Lapua BR brass has a smaller than normal flash hole :(.

Lapua 6BRA
IMR 4064
BR4
Hornady 105 HPBT jammed .010"
2760FPSView attachment 553300
What's your shooting setup? I sometimes can't get comfortable at a bench, so set up a rest on the ground and go prone with whatever I have at hand to stuff under the toe of the stock, and that usually works out better for me so I'm not wobbling all over the place.

What's your shooting setup? I sometimes can't get comfortable at a bench, so set up a rest on the ground and go prone with whatever I have at hand to stuff under the toe of the stock, and that usually works out better for me so I'm not wobbling all over the place.
I try not to use bench either. Prone with atlas cal bipod and pint size Armageddon game changer as a rear bag. I also really like the Precision Underground rear bags. Im trying to transition to using the game changer bag for everything from positional to prone just to simplify things a bit. It also helps that the rifle weighs 21#[rofl]

the Kidd 2 stage 8 ounce total trigger is for bench only they say, but I have used it for a couple positional matches when I did not have a bolt 22. It's fine if you are careful and use the safety before moving. It is a fantastic trigger and they say to not adjust it at all.
Exactly, you have to be super careful with light triggers.

I thought the safety was ON during winter, I was shooting with heavy gloves, went to disengage the safety, instead my glove touched the trigger and I shot the ground. Never used it with gloves again.

A friend of mine needed some hp 38. Told him not to worry about paying me, figure I'd grab a favor at a later date. Decided to pay me with two, hundred count boxes of XTP bullets.

There was only 199 bullets, my OCD did not appreciate this form of payment.
So what happens if you get a over count do you get even more triggered? Lol

Added the sidebin system from Inline Fabrication tonight. Got the standard size bins with it (free change from the smaller ones it lists).
PXL_20211219_025038826.jpg

I need to figure out what else I need on the bench along with the press. I also ran the wire for the LED strip to the right side of the press, under the mount top plate to get it out of the way. That's not in a fixed position yet, since I want to use it before deciding if that's how it will be for the long(er) term.

Another die plate, two powder throws, and such are due for the first half of the coming week. That will allow me to have all the die plates fully set up for the dies I have right now.

Added the sidebin system from Inline Fabrication tonight. Got the standard size bins with it (free change from the smaller ones it lists).
View attachment 553704

I need to figure out what else I need on the bench along with the press. I also ran the wire for the LED strip to the right side of the press, under the mount top plate to get it out of the way. That's not in a fixed position yet, since I want to use it before deciding if that's how it will be for the long(er) term.

Another die plate, two powder throws, and such are due for the first half of the coming week. That will allow me to have all the die plates fully set up for the dies I have right now.
Hi, was that a rcbs $168 powder measure on your press? How does it handle big stick powder like reloder 16?

@andrew1220 - what ar upper is that in the top photo ?
Nordic Components 22lr 16" upper. Back then they used stainless barrels now it looks like they switched to blackened SS.

I’ve since sold it and bought their pistol/SBR 9.25" upper. LOVE that thing. Also SS barrel and polished SS bolt.

Although it looks like they use fluted barrels now? That would be a good idea on the 16" as it was rather heavy. I don’t mind the extra weight on the 9.25"
Although fluted would be cool. Would make it that much lighter. One of the photos in the review page on midway shows a fluted barrel. Hmmm. BA2AF552-0223-45A9-AF99-5197167E4C89.png

Nordic Components 22lr 16" upper. Back then they used stainless barrels now it looks like they switched to blackened SS.

I’ve since sold it and bought their pistol/SBR 9.25" upper. LOVE that thing. Also SS barrel and polished SS bolt.

Although it looks like they use fluted barrels now? That would be a good idea on the 16" as it was rather heavy. I don’t mind the extra weight on the 9.25"
Although fluted would be cool. Would make it that much lighter. One of the photos in the review page on midway shows a fluted barrel. Hmmm. View attachment 553827
At least put a Harris on there.

Back
Top Bottom