• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Just received my order from Norm in New Mexico. The 150gr coated FNGC bullets will work nicely in your .30-30, if you care to make some. What a deal, reload without having to buy a press, dies, powder, bullets, etc! (Yes, I'll charge you nominal rates for whatever components I provide.)
Catch: you will have to provide your .30-30 brass and bring your own large rifle primers.
Bring your rifle, as you will be test-firing on my simple onsite range. North Stonington.
Offer open until Christmas 2021.

My bullets are a prettier shade of green and have copper gas checks.

Attachments

• 30_150_B_.jpg
    30_150_B_.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Just received my order from Norm in New Mexico. The 150gr coated FNGC bullets will work nicely in your .30-30, if you care to make some. What a deal, reload without having to buy a press die, powder, bullets, etc! (Yes, I'll charge you nominal rates for whatever components I provide.)
Catch: you will have to provide your .30-30 brass and bring your own large rifle primers.
Bring your rifle, as you will be test-firing on my simple onsite range. North Stonington.

Norm makes good stuff. I don't think I've reloaded his 150's for 30-30 yet but I used his 170's for 7.5x55 and 30-06 with Trail Boss. One of these days I'll try them with a full charge of IMR-4064 just to see how they hold up.

Norm makes good stuff. I don't think I've reloaded his 150's for 30-30 yet but I used his 170's for 7.5x55 and 30-06 with Trail Boss. One of these days I'll try them with a full charge of IMR-4064 just to see how they hold up.
I've got to agree with you. I don't bother lighting my Coleman stove much anymore. Much easier placing an order. As yet, I haven't set up for the coating process, so I get better bullets without the labor. (Now, for him to get those 7mm bullets in stock!)
Cheers!

You should see the number they do on ceramic tiles (of course, any larger caliber rifle round will do similarly).

Attachments

• CerTile1.jpg
    CerTile1.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 16
Just received my order from Norm in New Mexico. The 150gr coated FNGC bullets will work nicely in your .30-30, if you care to make some. What a deal, reload without having to buy a press, dies, powder, bullets, etc! (Yes, I'll charge you nominal rates for whatever components I provide.)

I have some norms kicking around
For the 30/30 we are sticking with jacket RNSP
The 35 rem might be a cast slinger.

and i just finished up my first ever box of primers - means i have plinked 800+ reloaded rounds of .223 so far since November 10th, as i just primed up 160 and had to open last box from the pack.
sweet.
congrats on your first load….. I mean box… I hope the next one was as good as the first one! 😎 [thumbsup]

I have some norms kicking around
For the 30/30 we are sticking with jacket RNSP
The 35 rem might be a cast slinger.
Sadly, Norm doesn't list any .35 caliber offerings, beyond handgun bullets. The shorter COL with these don't feed reliably in my Marlin. I'm a bit reluctant to cast the Lyman single cavity 358315 bullet.

Attachments

• .35Rem.204gr.jpg
    .35Rem.204gr.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 3
Well I loaded the last 3,750 9mm bullets I had. Down to my last few bricks of CCI SPP before I need to tap into my Winchester Fiocchi and Remington primers.
The 50 cal can on the right isn’t 100% filled because those loads used an older bullet profile, different OAL etc. B090DD2E-8E37-4107-A2DE-E93946D6E59D.jpeg

Well I loaded the last 3,750 9mm bullets I had. Down to my last few bricks of CCI SPP before I need to tap into my Winchester Fiocchi and Remington primers.
The 50 cal can on the right isn’t 100% filled because those loads used an older bullet profile, different OAL etc. View attachment 552342

The 50 cal can on the right isn’t 100% filled because those loads used an older bullet profile, different OAL etc. View attachment 552342
Your PINK bag goes well with those bullets ..........

Got the LED strip (on the press) wired up tonight. The strip from Inline Fabrication was simply too thick (with the silicone shield) to work with the press. I had LED strips that I bought to light up my milling machine toolbox (but haven't completed yet). Since I had at least one spare strip, I cut it to the length that would work and mounted it (came with the adhesive on it). Then just soldered up the connector ILF sent to the item for the strip and Bob's your auntie.
PXL_20211215_220338393.jpg PXL_20211215_220331467.jpg

I'll figure out how I want to run the wire at some point. It might take a couple of runs to get on it's final path. At least these LEDs throw a LOT of light.

Got the LED strip (on the press) wired up tonight. The strip from Inline Fabrication was simply too thick (with the silicone shield) to work with the press. I had LED strips that I bought to light up my milling machine toolbox (but haven't completed yet). Since I had at least one spare strip, I cut it to the length that would work and mounted it (came with the adhesive on it). Then just soldered up the connector ILF sent to the item for the strip and Bob's your auntie.
View attachment 552451View attachment 552452

I'll figure out how I want to run the wire at some point. It might take a couple of runs to get on it's final path. At least these LEDs throw a LOT of light.
I dug out a strip of leds to do this ( originally to line gun cab) the “plastic” covering the leds turned all yellow and the lights are not brite! O well they where cheap shit and the adhesive back was a bit less than adhesive

Back
Top Bottom