What did you do in the reloading room recently?

single_zpsv8fkh1nl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%204_zpsbhbuao5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%203_zpsdlb0vglp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%202_zpswyloexgw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%205_zpsj5wopiy7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
air_zps3b6kbbxj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Almost done. Got the Swager,Powder drop and trimmer set up so that they are removable and don't take up space when not in use.Air line plumbed in.

You may want to T in a drip tee... Six inches or so, close to the outlet, terminated in a valve. Centrifugal dryers aren't all that effective, and downward-facing air chuck will ensure any moisture winds up in your tool or on your presses/etc.

You may want to T in a drip tee... Six inches or so, close to the outlet, terminated in a valve. Centrifugal dryers aren't all that effective, and downward-facing air chuck will ensure any moisture winds up in your tool or on your presses/etc.

I have a in line water filter between the compressor and the copper line before it goes thru the wall. Hoping that will take care of it. Ill look into a drip T tho...Thanks for the input.

I have a in line water filter between the compressor and the copper line before it goes thru the wall. Hoping that will take care of it. Ill look into a drip T tho...Thanks for the input.

Temp fluctuations could cause condensate in the copper tubing so a filter wouldn't hurt.

Loaded and tested my first reloads last weekend after and taking Eddie Coyles class recently, and buying equipment and supplies. Loaded 500/ea 200gr LSWC .45 auto.
Tested 250 rounds down the pipe of the 1911 with various magazines. No FTF's/FTE's and accurate... Love it!

I tried to clean my reloading crevice....after a few hours I realised I just rotated the mess approx 40 degrees to the left! I did mount 2 more items to the lee quick mount system. Nice to move equipment on and off the bench with ease.

I found the 7.5 swiss I was looking for....ended up in the pistol brass bucket?

I mixed up a new batch of home made case lube....finally got behind the bench to pick up the few hundred primers that fell last year. Found a,bullet mold I did not even know I had. Along with another box of my dad's stuff.

This past weekend I tumbled and sorted through 30-06 and 7.5x55 brass. Then sorted through my 7.62x25, 357 mag, and 9mm brass I had in a bag from the range on Sunday.

I need to play around with my Tokarev loads more. They shoot VERY well but not very clean. I get covered in unburnt powder all over my arms using 7.5 gr of Power Pistol and a 86 gr JSP. All I have now are the 90 gr XTPs which I haven't played with much recently.

Spent an hour loading any magazine I could find and realized there are a few near empty ammo boxes. Gotta clear the cobwebs and find my notes for a long run of 5.56 and .45 auto.

I changed the primer magazine orifice one one SDB because it got kind of crunched and was dropping multiples one in a while. I changed out the primer slide return spring since it had 10's of thousands of rounds on it. Called Dillon and new spare parts are in the mail to me. (Free)
I loaded a few .45's on the other SDB and filled all of the spare large pistol primer tubes so I am set to load a few hundred more. I need to load up a couple more .500 Mag rounds for an event this weekend.

what did *I* do in the reloading room?

uh.... changed the cat box.... :/
That's funny ... that's exactly what I did!

I also made 150 9MM using 125gr Hornady HAP bullets over 3.4gr of Titegroup. Just got my Hornady LnL progressive up and running smoothly with the Advanced Control Center. I reloaded using a single stage (RCBS Rockchucker) for a year. Now that the Hornady is running smoothly I can't imagine loading pistol rounds with single stage again.

single_zpsv8fkh1nl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%204_zpsbhbuao5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%203_zpsdlb0vglp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%202_zpswyloexgw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
single%205_zpsj5wopiy7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
air_zps3b6kbbxj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Almost done. Got the Swager,Powder drop and trimmer set up so that they are removable and don't take up space when not in use.Air line plumbed in.
Damn .. I could eat off that reloading bench. You must spend more time cleaning up the reloading room than I do reloading.

I don;t know I find more disturbing about this photo... is it how incredibly symmetrical the organization of that pegboard is ... or is it the fact that you have 7 powder drops.
View attachment 151397

Last edited:
That's funny ... that's exactly what I did!

I also made 150 9MM using 125gr Hornady HAP bullets over 3.4gr of Titegroup. Just got my Hornady LnL progressive up and running smoothly with the Advanced Control Center. I reloaded using a single stage (RCBS Rockchucker) for a year. Now that the Hornady is running smoothly I can't imagine loading pistol rounds with single stage again.

in the spring when i first got the 650 i cranked out 1000 9x19 in a weekend (while the 3 toddlers napped) that single stage green press is going to be relegated for .223 for my bolt action....

dillon conversion kits inbound for 9x18, .38spl, .45acp and .223/5.56 once i have the mythical "extra money" that supposedly comes once the diapers have been bought and bills paid....

I don;t know I find more disturbing about this photo... is it how incredibly symmetrical the organization of that pegboard is ... or is it the fact that you have 7 powder drops.
View attachment 151397

heh, he probably has 8..... one installed on the machine.....
that's the way i plan on doing it, set the tool head up, dial in a powder measure for each caliber and don't f*** with it other than to tweak if needed.....

quick change kits with the plate, powder measure, etc can be had for something like $140/each

To Do List:
  • Change Cat Box
  • Get Stack-On Cabinet to store ammo/components as current cabinet is WAY too small
  • Fill Above Cabinet with angle aluminum, wooden shelves and rivets to hold all the above crap
  • Get "Dioder" LED lighting system for cabinet (i installed this in my safe and it's fricken awesome)
  • Figure out some sort of way to heat a small space around the bench so i don't freeze my nuts off reloading this winter (i have a small ceramic heater and was thinking of "walling" off an area with plastic sheeting a la "Dexter" to contain the heat.....)

Last edited:
The outlets behind the 650's are just home theater pass thru plates. I didn't want plugs and outlets on that wall...just so it would look cleaner. I put 8 outlets on the backside of that wall. I put the central vac ,air compressor and tumbling station in the other room as well. Plumbing in the air compressor tomorrow. Just finished up the single stage area tonight.

Here are a few more pics
vcv_zpsxkroybzf.png
[/URL][/IMG]
vjjjj_zps9hnhmsvf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gun shop owners should take a lesson, you have a better inventory,selection and neatness than most.

I started cleaning out a room to make space for a reloading bench when I realized the sub floor (it's going to be in the basement) has started to fall apart. So now I get to pull the whole thing up (fall-apart board, plywood, and 2x4's) to make a clean area to work. And I'll gain about 5" of head room

Found a bag of coated 158 gr SWC's in my cabinet (thanks knfmn) and loaded those with 4 gr of bullseye for some nice pleasant powder puff 357 mag loads.

Then finally got around to making some more 7.62x25 Tokarev loads using the Hornady 90 gr XTP with 7 gr of Power Pistol.

View attachment 151612View attachment 151613

Last edited:
Tumbled mixed 38spl, 38spl+p, and 357 in the new (to me... 1986!) RCBS Sidewinder.
I had some 32S&W Long mixed in... They get stuck in 38s quite well. [crying]
Metal polish in the walnut shell in the dry drum, screened and poured into an oversize artificial chamois cloth then rolled around to offer a bit of a polish.

Better? it's changed.

get_your_gif_fix_of_bouncing_bums_01.gif

I might have to change my avatar to that. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a bunch of 357 mag and 9mm brass tumbling now. Tomorrow I'll probably tumble 7.5x55 Swiss, 30 carbine, and 7.62 Tokarev brass.

Back
Top Bottom