What did you do in the reloading room recently?

There had been some interest in slatwall earlier in this thread (I believe.)

I just spotted these on a closed facebook "yardsale" group. On the South Shore, I'll try to proxy if there is interest:

$300 each, 96" tall slatwall backed free standing shelving units. Looks to be all plywood construction, commercial retail quality.

attachment.php

Attachments

• slatwallcabs.jpg
    slatwallcabs.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 133
drop like an american commercial flight over the middle east past 100yds but load worked out such that zero was at 25 and 100 yds and an inch high in between

Such a cool caliber. I'm sure you don't blast hundreds of that every range trip as even the reloads must be pricy. Those FTX bullets are around 60 cents each from what I've seen.

Such a cool caliber. I'm sure you don't blast hundreds of that every range trip as even the reloads must be pricy. Those FTX bullets are around 60 cents each from what I've seen.

i'd have to count the pennies but barnes 300gr ttsx $45/50, new starline brass $44/50, and 32gr IMR 4198 @ $30/7000gr, plus a WLP primer.

i'd have to count the pennies but barnes 300gr ttsx $45/50, new starline brass $44/50, and 32gr IMR 4198 @ $30/7000gr, plus a WLP primer.

I was just curious since I'm a cheap SOB lol. I'd like to try a few shots of 458.

Just got done constructing an all new reloading room. Installing a central vac for my trimmer tonight and trying to get everything running by the weekend.

IMG_0489.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 30
Very nice. Great idea to put an outlet behind each 650. I will probably be moving my reloading space soon. Its not a lockable room and its near the hot water heater. My wife's exercise space is on the other side of the basement. Plan is to put a reloading room that can be locked in her space. I don't like that it has a window, but I don't want the water heater in my reloading room. Other than the obvious flame, water, risks. I don't want some guy seeing my reloading space if it ever needs service.

Soon to come.

The outlets behind the 650's are just home theater pass thru plates. I didn't want plugs and outlets on that wall...just so it would look cleaner. I put 8 outlets on the backside of that wall. I put the central vac ,air compressor and tumbling station in the other room as well. Plumbing in the air compressor tomorrow. Just finished up the single stage area tonight.

Here are a few more pics
vcv_zpsxkroybzf.png
[/URL][/IMG]
vjjjj_zps9hnhmsvf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
The outlets behind the 650's are just home theater pass thru plates. I didn't want plugs and outlets on that wall...just so it would look cleaner. I put 8 outlets on the backside of that wall. I put the central vac ,air compressor and tumbling station in the other room as well. Plumbing in the air compressor tomorrow. Just finished up the single stage area tonight.

Here are a few more pics
vcv_zpsxkroybzf.png
[/URL][/IMG]
vjjjj_zps9hnhmsvf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice!

Not a chance. Lol. I don't let anything get dirty! It's a sickness

Dude, you gotta change your avatar...that's almost the holy trinity right there...and wicked distracting [grin]

That being said...I loaded up 150 rounds of 9x18 mak tonight...it's SO nice loading on a progressive.

Last edited:
Spent an hour or more trying to figure out how to get the *^&$&()& flare die for 44 Special / Magnum to actually work for 44 Special. Then, tore down another hundred 44 Mag (240 gr LSWC) with the hammer tool as a way to burn off the frustration.

Then I had all those bullets lying around, so I loaded a bunch of test loads with those bullets. Fortunately the Lee progressive was cooperating this evening.

What a horrible way to spend a Saturday evening. Even worse: I will have to take the chrono to the range tomorrow. ;-)

Not a chance. Lol. I don't let anything get dirty! It's a sickness

You would turn into a puddle of goo if you set foot in my reloading crevis

- - - Updated - - -

Spent an hour or more trying to figure out how to get the *^&$&()& flare die for 44 Special / Magnum to actually work for 44 Special. Then, tore down another hundred 44 Mag (240 gr LSWC) with the hammer tool as a way to burn off the frustration.

Then I had all those bullets lying around, so I loaded a bunch of test loads with those bullets. Fortunately the Lee progressive was cooperating this evening.

What a horrible way to spend a Saturday evening. Even worse: I will have to take the chrono to the range tomorrow. ;-)

What was the hang up on the flare die?

Sounds like my set up. Im in the basement where the oil tank used to be. I spend more time fighting off spiders than I do loading ammo.

What was the hang up on the flare die?

It works great for 44 Mag, but I can't dial it down far enough to flair a 44 Special case; the die touches down on the shell plate too fast when I do that. I figured out how to over-engineer an adapter, I just need some steel tube of the right size to extend the powder drop tube an extra .125" or maybe a bit more. If I had the right tools, I could take that length off of the die, but that is a little beyond anything I am set up for.

Of course, I COULD use it as an excuse for an extra set of dies, so I don't have to move them from the progressive to the single stage any more. The wife doesn't know that 44 Sp is almost identical to 44 Mag....

Spent an hour or more trying to figure out how to get the *^&$&()& flare die for 44 Special / Magnum to actually work for 44 Special. Then...

Perhaps you mentioned in an earlier post, but if you have a Lee die set, often you need to put a spacer inside the die so the floating flare plug won't have as much free play inside the die body. I had to do similarly when flaring .40 S&W with a Lee 10mm die set.

It works great for 44 Mag, but I can't dial it down far enough to flair a 44 Special case; the die touches down on the shell plate too fast when I do that. I figured out how to over-engineer an adapter, I just need some steel tube of the right size to extend the powder drop tube an extra .125" or maybe a bit more. If I had the right tools, I could take that length off of the die, but that is a little beyond anything I am set up for.

Of course, I COULD use it as an excuse for an extra set of dies, so I don't have to move them from the progressive to the single stage any more. The wife doesn't know that 44 Sp is almost identical to 44 Mag....

Hmm is it a lee powder through expander ? They list 2 different ones for 44spl and 44 magnum. Yet they sell a 4 die set that does both ?

By the way. Today, I shot my first reloads through a 8" .300 blackout AR that I assembled.

10 gr of AA5 under an Xtreme plated 155 gr fp bullet cycled the action just fine with an expected sonic crack when shot suppressed.

Also had expected feeding issues with fp bullets. going try some different COALs

Back
Top Bottom