What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Me, neither. I was thinking in its fresh state it flows better and settles flatter because there’s less friction between the flakes. Blame it on humidity or oxidation, I guess. I also guessed that the older overcharges just meant that the drop was set to a higher volume than it was with the fresh can. That is to say, if I calibrated the drop to a fresh can and then swapped out the powder for old, there wouldn’t be any overcharging other than maybe a +.1 here and there. They all shoot, I can promise you that. Not planning to shoot groups from the bench with any of it, so I’ll probably never know the effect on accuracy.

Last edited:
I sometimes can't help myself when I'm watching a Gunbroker auction. I threw a lowball number at an auction and damned if I didn't win it. Now the proud owner of 2500 Winchester AA 12 gauge hulls. I only wanted 2 or 3 hundred. (LOL) Probably never in my dumbest dreams did I think I would win it for what I bid. Pretty sure I'm set for life on 12 gauge. I also have another bid in with a different supplier, watch me win this one too (not likely for the price from this particular seller).

Last edited:
I finally used my Frankford Arsenal tumbler for about 600 rounds of 9mm and a similar amount of 380ACP. That thing did a great job with once-fired brass. I accidentally added too much Lemi-Shine and the 380 brass didn't like it, but the 9mm came out looking like it was just made, and I didn't even use the steel pins.

Last weekend I loaded up about 1250 rounds of .45 Auto, 230 gr. Blue RN, with HP38, and then 250 rounds with Red Dot to wipe out my current store of .45 Auto LPP brass.... should hold me off for most of the summer. During the week I loaded up 500 rounds of 9MM to get my stores up for this summer's USPSA matches and range time. It's funny how small the 9mm projectiles feel after loading tons of .45.

Prepped 80 7.62x54R cases.
Going to need to tweak my 308 necksizer since somehow the decapping pin has gotten too high to deprime the 30-06 cases from the 1917 that I wanted to necksize.

Going to need to do up some more 38spl since I think the Model 15 is getting out this week.

Damned if I didn't win the other auction on Gunbroker I had bid on before winning the 2500 12 guage hulls. WT actual F. I seriously couldn't have offered a lower bid if I tried Well I think I might be the only person I actually know who owns 3500 empty Winchester AA Red 12 guage hulls. Now I have to buy a couple of plastic totes to store all these in. Good thing Lowes has them on sale today for less than a fiver apiece

Damned if I didn't win the other auction on Gunbroker I had bid on before winning the 2500 12 guage hulls. WT actual F. I seriously couldn't have offered a lower bid if I tried Well I think I might be the only person I actually know who owns 3500 empty Winchester AA Red 12 guage hulls. Now I have to buy a couple of plastic totes to store all these in. Good thing Lowes has them on sale today for less than a fiver apiece
I see a lot of clays in your future.

Have used these .45 ACP blue ones from Northeast T & S ( They seem to be out of stock lately)

45 ACP 230 Grain Accu Coat Round Nose(250 Count)
45 ACP 230 Grain round nose Accu coated bullets now available at Northeast! These bullets start life as ingots consisting of 92% lead, 6% antimony, and 2% tin, the optimal lead composition for the making of projectiles. The coating material reduces friction and wear on your barrel and does not have any sulfur or chemicals that will smell when shooting. The coating will not leave any buildup behind in your barrel which is key in maintaining consistent barrel condition so your last shot will land where your first did as long as you do your job as a shooter. These bullets are very consistent in both diameter and weight and will make excellent quality ammo for less money!

Attachments

• 45_acp_230_grain_coated_rn_2.jpg
    45_acp_230_grain_coated_rn_2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Cranked out 250 9MM's using the Blue Bullet 125GR TC sample pack. First time loading them...anyone else use loading Blue ?
Love the blues. I was looking at my order history the other day. I’ve bought 27k bullets from them over the last couple years lol.

There’s tons of 5% off coupon codes too. Dolan, Kita, York, Moneypenny to name a few.

When i was selling once fired AA hulls i would have 3-8k in 55 gal trash bags stuffed in the shed. Selling hulls and rehabing loaders funded my trap shooting days.

Have used these .45 ACP blue ones from Northeast T & S ( They seem to be out of stock lately)

45 ACP 230 Grain Accu Coat Round Nose(250 Count)
45 ACP 230 Grain round nose Accu coated bullets now available at Northeast! These bullets start life as ingots consisting of 92% lead, 6% antimony, and 2% tin, the optimal lead composition for the making of projectiles. The coating material reduces friction and wear on your barrel and does not have any sulfur or chemicals that will smell when shooting. The coating will not leave any buildup behind in your barrel which is key in maintaining consistent barrel condition so your last shot will land where your first did as long as you do your job as a shooter. These bullets are very consistent in both diameter and weight and will make excellent quality ammo for less money!
Try some blue bullets! If you buy a case (2,025 bullets) it’s like 9 cents shipped with the coupon code. If you only buy 500 it’s like 10.4 cents shipped per bullet.

When i was selling once fired AA hulls i would have 3-8k in 55 gal trash bags stuffed in the shed. Selling hulls and rehabing loaders funded my trap shooting days.
I only wanted maybe 600-700 I was tired of fishing thru the trash after a league event. In my wildest dreams I never figured to win either online auction. I'll more than likely give the trap organizer 500 of these hulls, the guy spends a lot of his free time organizing all the events. Some I'll offer for sale to the other members of our club.

I only wanted maybe 600-700 I was tired of fishing thru the trash after a league event. In my wildest dreams I never figured to win either online auction. I'll more than likely give the trap organizer 500 of these hulls, the guy spends a lot of his free time organizing all the events. Some I'll offer for sale to the other members of our club.
its been a few many years since then but I got 8 cents each plus shipping. 3 clubs I shot at just tossed them in the trash.

My cost even with shipping was less than $.01 I was thinking $.10/hull, pretty much the going price from Ballistic Products. No shipping required. The shooters at the club I belong to mostly shoot Remington green Gun Club shells. They reload OK too.
nice!

Been working on my reloading room.
This is what I started with.
View attachment 278806
This is it now.
View attachment 278808
Need to do electrical then drywall the ceiling.[/Q
Been working on my reloading room.
This is what I started with.
View attachment 278806
This is it now.
View attachment 278808
Need to do electrical then drywall the ceiling.
Floor looks good, what product did you use?
I say keep the rafters open they come in handy to store long items. Plus it will help us tiny crevice dwellers a little less jealous!

I used garage floor epoxy paint. Just the kit that Lowes sells with the color chips and two part epoxy paint. Then I went over it with a top coat of clear epoxy so the chips would be covered and have a more smooth and polished look.

Back
Top Bottom