What did you do in the reloading room recently?

what are you running that center bullet in. i have a simular 180 grain .310 NOE mold. It has yet to find a rifle it likes.

I tried a few with reduced loads in the 300 RUM but that shot a pattern at 50 yards. No good.
Never really played with it much after that other than some subsonic 300 blackout fun.
This is a NOE 311365 198 grain.
I cast these of a richer alloy and water dropped after coating so I’m hoping for some accuracy.

truly a thing of beauty Michael.

yeah, but you don't have any mosins, right?

i bet my long rifles would be all over those bullets.
I do have mosin shot a 397 with it and it was a struggle to get that. I have not found the cast load for the mosin worthy yet. The mosin and M44 have made it to the sell list. I don’t see .12 cent ammo coming back for it I ether. For cast I run a 314299 Lyman does well in lots of rifles. I will give mosin a try again in the fall

that was your first mistake...

i always just wait until the piles get big enough...then put the piles in boxes and stack the boxes neatly. i figure someone will go through them eventually and sort out all the shit I kept for no reason.
I lost a lot of storage to my daughter's new bed room in the basement. I don't have much room for boxes, I'm building more though.
I'm still looking for some brass I know I have. Has all my odd ball stuff. Figure I could make a few bucks for that stupid M14 build...

Rcvd a Lee Turret in a Karma from @EddieZoom and promised to use it. Just finished ~300 223 and ~400 9mm. I still hand prime for both caliber's and decap and resize on the single stage for 223. Nice press. +1 to @EddieZoom again.
View attachment 241642
i might have some extra lee parts for that press? Few more boxes to go through first.

Loaded up 100 more .44MAG on the Hornady single stage. Still leary of doing it on the SDB with H110 even though I have the die set for it. Remounted the SDB to the bench and back to .45ACP with 6.3gr of CFE pistol, 300 down, 1700 to go..

I already owe you for the Mauser help. If it is something I need, will definitely pay you.
nah , if I don't need it , it has to go. it will be a while. all my stuff is up rooted relocated and piled up in the corner during the remodel.
I did manage to load up some Nosler 168, 30-06 for the up coming cmp JCG match and some 165 grain 30-06 cast loads for the springfield match

Just for fun, I loaded up some test rounds for the 125gr Zero Bullet Company JHPC's in .357 Magnum with powder charges in the 21.0-21.8 grain range using H110. This is in the range Hodgdon publishes for the 125gr Hornady XTP, and there were no signs of overpressure when I shot them today in Henry. Actually the 21.0 grain 5-shot group did especially well according to the chronograph: average 2155.2 fps, 4.4 standard deviation, and only a 12 fps spread. That's bookin' it for .357 Magnum, even in the lever gun. The maximum I recorded was over 2200 fps.

Last edited:
Just for fun, I loaded up some test rounds for the 125gr Zero Bullet Company JHPC's in .357 Magnum with powder charges in the 21.0-21.8 grain range. This is in the range Hodgdon publishes for the 125gr Hornady XTP, and there were no signs of overpressure when I shot them today in Henry. Actually the 21.0 grain 5-shot group did especially well according to the chronograph: average 2155.2 fps, 4.4 standard deviation, and only a 12 fps spread. That's bookin' it for .357 Magnum, even in the lever gun. The maximum I recorded was over 2200 fps.
Damn, those are cruising. H110/W296 powder I assume?

Won a Dillon XL650 in a raffle and just got that mounted. Sure as hell beats the snot out of my Lee Turret. I can see dumping some serious dough into this for different calibers. Got it set up in 223 and my Father in Law actually bough the casefeeder for it, "It will benefit me too." Probably end up long term with 223, 9mm, 45, and 308. I have all these already set up on the turret but those are the highest quantity shooters so to me it wont be worth getting every caliber in. love it so far.

Won a Dillon XL650 in a raffle and just got that mounted. Sure as hell beats the snot out of my Lee Turret. I can see dumping some serious dough into this for different calibers. Got it set up in 223 and my Father in Law actually bough the casefeeder for it, "It will benefit me too." Probably end up long term with 223, 9mm, 45, and 308. I have all these already set up on the turret but those are the highest quantity shooters so to me it wont be worth getting every caliber in. love it so far.
Won a 650!? Damn dude. Where’d you win that? One of the FB raffle groups?....

How do I hook up with one of those raffles? I anticipate outgrowing my Lee turret in the near future, especially with the quantity of 9mm and .45Colt I reload. I'm about to get into .223 and 30-06 for M1 Garand

What are people using for Tokarev dies? I heard Lee is most common but I also heard they can have some seating issues. If I can ever get my hands on some brass (Targetsports is still sold out) I think I'm going to try it (first pistol cartridge).

What are people using for Tokarev dies? I heard Lee is most common but I also heard they can have some seating issues. If I can ever get my hands on some brass (Targetsports is still sold out) I think I'm going to try it (first pistol cartridge).
Have any 223 with split necks?
Starline manufactures new x25 brass.

I’m just using Lee dies including the lee universal case expander. I bought most of my brass from starline.

Won a 650!? Damn dude. Where’d you win that? One of the FB raffle groups?....

Yea one of the faceplant raffles. About the only thing its good for at this point, that and pissing off liberals.

Been killing raffles somehow. So far got the XL650, an M1 Garand, and a Mathews Halon 6. Might retire on that haha

I'm finally running the brass from the last few range trips through the vibratory tumbler today. Already ran one batch and have the second one going. I'm planning on getting a wet media tumbler before I do any more cases. I might even get that and run these through it (after decapping them) before starting to reload them. I do need to finish setting up the press turrets for the calibers though. I might see about doing that before the weekend.

Need to get a .45 ACP recipe dialed in first. Then 300 Blackout, .223 Remington and finally (and lowest priority) .308 Winchester.

Glad I have a dehumidifier in the basement/reloading room. ;)

Back
Top Bottom