What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Started building out my reloading shop in my new-to-me house.
20' x 24' unfinished utility room.
I am building a 8'W x 30"D x 35"H bench.
Legs and structure are 2x6x8 and 2x4x8, 3" exterior grade wood screws and 2x sheets of cabinet grade 3/4" Maple plywood.
IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0405.JPG
Next, I added some peg board...
IMG_0409.JPG IMG_0411.JPG
Of course I had to use a Remington nail gun to fasten the strapping to the concrete..
IMG_0408.JPG
I then added 2x 4' LED strip lights over the bench. The lighting is awesome with no shadowing.
Next phase will be to install doors to cover up the lower shelves. I made sure to make the spacing high enough to accommodate HD plastic tote bins.
Then install the Dillon and all of his "friends"

Cranked out a quick batch of 9mm using N320 and Precision coated 125GR RNFP's.

Still tripping over brass with f@k@d up primer pockets in my stash..WCC headstamp...GRRRR

Started building out my reloading shop in my new-to-me house.
20' x 24' unfinished utility room.
I am building a 8'W x 30"D x 35"H bench.
Legs and structure are 2x6x8 and 2x4x8, 3" exterior grade wood screws and 2x sheets of cabinet grade 3/4" Maple plywood.
View attachment 226878 View attachment 226879 View attachment 226880 View attachment 226881
Next, I added some peg board...
View attachment 226882 View attachment 226883
Of course I had to use a Remington nail gun to fasten the strapping to the concrete..
View attachment 226884
I then added 2x 4' LED strip lights over the bench. The lighting is awesome with no shadowing.
Next phase will be to install doors to cover up the lower shelves. I made sure to make the spacing high enough to accommodate HD plastic tote bins.
Then install the Dillon and all of his "friends"

Pics & details of this lighting? My FL's suck.

Finally getting my side of the basement together.

New bench framed up:
vmNie2G.jpg

Topped with 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood, and band veneer added to the edges:
6Mylgyl.jpg

And a few coats of Rustoleum Marine oil based enamel on the top, and some Dillon blue on the frame:
m3v1fG0.jpg

Just need to lag bolt it to the wall now, cut the melamine shelf for the bottom, and finish up the rest of the paint in the room so I can get organized.

This bench is 7' x 2', and that other blue and white lab bench you see in the pics is 6' x 3'. Probably going to put them parallel a few feet apart so I can sit between them, versus joining them in an L shape so I don't lose usable space. Reloading stuff on the new one, and use the other one for other projects (cleaning/working on guns, electronics projects, etc)

According to whichever company rep posts on the Brian Enos forums with the 'dillon' account, it is "just old Ford engine paint blue".

I just got the closest match I could. I have the hex color code for it, but apparently the machine at Lowe's can't accept a hex code for custom colors? So I went with Sherwin Williams 6796 which is a very close match under the fluorescent tubes in my basement haha

Side note, I made the bench in Sketchup if anyone wants the plans or dims

Been loading more of the reduced 30-06 rounds over the last few days. Shot a ton of them with the A3 today. It is so damn fun ringing (more like tapping) my steel plate at 120 yards. 12.5 gr of Trailboss has shown excellent accuracy with the coated bullets. One of these days I need to chrono them....

Been loading more of the reduced 30-06 rounds over the last few days. Shot a ton of them with the A3 today. It is so damn fun ringing (more like tapping) my steel plate at 120 yards. 12.5 gr of Trailboss has shown excellent accuracy with the coated bullets. One of these days I need to chrono them....
Let me help....... Slow.

I've been busy in the reloading room the last few months. I got a Dillon Xl650 for Christmas and have been busy loading up my cast bullets. I also 3d printed a bullet feeder. This thing is awesome! Reloading with the 650 is so much faster than the 550. I just need to be careful I don't get going too fast, things go bad when I do that.

I also have a secret casting project I'm working on, I'll have to post an update about that later.

Last edited:
openBulletFeeder - complete and fully customizable Bullet feeder by AmmoMike83

That is where you can get the files and information to make your own. You still need to buy roughly $150 worth of parts including the dropper die/funnel, motor, spring for the Mr. Bulletfeeder. I also made one for my star sizer with bullet feeder. That one was much cheaper since I didn't need the dropper die or funnel, just the motor and spring.

Bought a Frankfort Arsenal Vibra Prime. Didn't work at all! Took a tapered reamer and smoothed the primer hole and primer tube top. This thing works really well now! No more flip tray I can fill a tube in less than a minute!

Have you tried it with large primers? I got one and it works awesome for small primers but large primers flip as they drop in the tube no matter what I try.

Bought a Frankfort Arsenal Vibra Prime. Didn't work at all! Took a tapered reamer and smoothed the primer hole and primer tube top. This thing works really well now! No more flip tray I can fill a tube in less than a minute!

I had one. Got a replacement because it didn’t work for beans.
Replacement was just as bad.
I hear it’s hit or miss but if you get a good one they rock.

Glad you got a good one

Finally finished loading the last of the coated 170 gr bullets for the A3 last night. Still had a dozen bullets left when I ran out of Trailboss so I loaded the remaining bullets with 2400.

Must have 400-450 loaded now which should last a little while.

Mines a lemon as well. Tried dicking around with it but never could get it working right. Its in a drawer somewhere.
Mine would not work at first. Cleaned the primer hole in the clear plastic with a tapered reamer. A drill bit would probably work too. Try a primer in the hole I bet it wont drop through cleanly.

Recently acquired some older Hodgdon 570 and 870 powder, so loaded up and fired off a few 6.5x55mm with H570 and Sierra 140 grainers. Seemed to work just fine, thanks.

Not sure as to the reasons but reloader's are reloading 223 Remington recipes for their 5.56 rifles because 223 is OK in 5.56 but the increased pressure from 5.56 is not OK in 223. And for the intent of reloading 223 is close enough

Back
Top Bottom