What condition Does everyone carry in?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/detroit-wo...ischarging-gun/story?id=16740721#.UDQ2VUREg7A

Exactly why I don't like a loaded round in chamber of these SA type guns. Accidental discharge is much easier than those with DA or safeties. I carry my CZ P-07 loaded, hammer down. A DA pull is very hard to do by accident.

Discussed at length on NES here. We're not sure it was a conventional "hug."

And, there's no such thing as an accidental discharge. It's a negligent discharge.[wink]

A gun is a tool. If you don't use it properly, maintain it properly, understand how it works, and practice with it, it can hurt you just like a chain saw or worse.

M&P isn't single action either.
Wow, can't believe I wrote that! I have Post Concussion Syndrome and sometimes weird stuff comes out. What I WAS trying to say, isn't a M&P sorta Glock like, with the striker almost fully cocked, so a normal pull of the trigger is all it takes? I've only shot 1 clip on a friends Shield, and to me it felt very similar to my Glock.

Yeah, they're not a true DA or SA. I guess that's why I just call them striker-fired tupperware. Not that there's anything wrong with that. [wink]

FYI, you will be corrected for calling a magazine a clip. Probably by some sarcastic a**h***. And probably in this post. [cheers]
[smile]

Garand_clip.jpg

+

smith_wesson_mp_shield-tfb.jpg

=/=

firing_gun.jpg

Yeah, they're not a true DA or SA. I guess that's why I just call them striker-fired tupperware. Not that there's anything wrong with that. [wink]

FYI, you will be corrected for calling a magazine a clip. Probably by some sarcastic a**h***. And probably in this post. [cheers]

haha, yes I know the difference and don't mind if some "anal" member want to correct me. Early in my military career I was on the Honor Guard and we exclusively used the M1 with clips, so it's just something that stuck with me, even though service pistols had mags, I think we all used the term clips routinely and interchangeably.

I'm currently carrying my sr9c with no round in the chamber because it doesn't fit in my g26 supertuck when the flaming flag is up. [slap]

Time to file it down or get lci delete from galloway.

Kahr PM-9
Full mag, 1 in the chamber, safety off.
Upon entry into a house or visiting friends , safety goes on.
I would think its safer to either carry with safety either on always or safety off always. Consistency is the key.
I keep the safety on always and train to always disable the safety every time.

I carried without one in the chamber when I first got my license, but it didn't take too long to get over that. People get so worked up over that, but it's just a comfort thing when you haven't been around guns your whole life. It just takes a little time.

J-Frame - Fully loaded hammer down (obviously). Cock the hammer on that thing and you can breathe on the trigger and it will go off.

229 - One in the chamber, no safety available.

238 - I just got my holster for this and haven't carried it yet. Carrying cocked and locked is new to me, but that's how it will be carried.

Back
Top Bottom