WHat 1911's are ok in MA?

Nana the Great:2087281 said:
How is one 1911 safe, essentially by design, and another mfg's 1911 is unsafe? NONSENSE!

Yes, it is truly offensive dealing with these rules.

To make it even more ridiculous, if you have your C&R license, then you can buy an older 1911 which is essentially the same gun, and have it MAILED TO YOUR DOORSTEP.

Nice collection Jack! :) I see that you haven't finished collecting yet! :) heheh

Yep, I saw a new SW1911 Pro 3" at the gun show last week. 2-tone with all the E series upgrades from Lew Horton. I spoke with my LGD Mike at Guns N Gun Parts, he'll have it in today. I handled it at the show and just fell in love with the size and feel of it. I can see me carrying it for sure. It comes with an E series style set of grips that just feel awsome in the hand, not to mention look hot as hell with the almost polished looking upper slide sides.

SW1911Pro.jpg

Sorry to bring this up from the dead. Can somebody explain to me (or direct me to a thread) why I cannot buy a new Colt 1911 in MA (yes I searched)? I was on four seasons website and it mentioned this. If its true, how do I get a hold of one?

I also love the 1911. Don't laugh but I have had a Star model P .45 for years and years and the more I shoot it the longer I am waiting for a malfunction. The accuracy is pretty good and I can't get that sucker to f**k up. I know it's not a sexy one but maybe I just got lucky? Anyway, I would love to get a newer ( sexier ) model, just waiting for the right one. No safe queens!

Yep, I saw a new SW1911 Pro 3" at the gun show last week. 2-tone with all the E series upgrades from Lew Horton. I spoke with my LGD Mike at Guns N Gun Parts, he'll have it in today. I handled it at the show and just fell in love with the size and feel of it. I can see me carrying it for sure. It comes with an E series style set of grips that just feel awsome in the hand, not to mention look hot as hell with the almost polished looking upper slide sides.

SW1911Pro.jpg

You just HAD to show me this picture,didn't you!? Now how can I sleep tonight? ( beautiful!)

Just remember that the MA handgun sales compliance BS only applies to dealers. If you see something you want in a shop, don't ask questions about whether it's compliant. Buy it and keep your mouth shut.

The MA AWB still applies to "high" (normal elsewhere) capacity magazines, so that is something you do have to be mindful of.

Some of those 1911's are missing the loaded chamber indicator. They do not comply with the AG's Safety Reg's. even though they are on the list.
A good gunsmith with a manufacture 07 FFL could modify the gun to comply.
413 579 1994

Back
Top Bottom