Western MA Ranges to Rent From?

Are there any good ranges around Western MA (Pittsfield specifically) where I can go and rent a couple handguns to try out? I got my LTC recently and I want to go and actually shoot a few guns that I'm interested in so that I can get a feel for them. I have gone to the S&W range in the past, but since they're closed I'm not sure what other options are out there. Any recommendations for a range with a good selection of rentals?

I'm not aware of any in western MA.

The only ones that I'm aware of are American Firearms School in North Attleboro, Bob's Tactical in Salisbury, and Manchester Firing Line in Manchester, NH, none of which are convenient to western MA. Mass Firearms School in Hopkinton has a number of guns that its members can use, but you do have buy a membership to use their range.

AFAIK, that was the only rental range in W. MA.

Even in E. MA there are only 2 rental ranges still existing. They are a rare thing in MA.

Best bet might be to connect up with another NES'r in W. MA by asking if anyone has <your short list of guns> and willing to have you as a guest at their club. Offer them some ammo or lunch or something and you'll likely get some responses.

Good luck.

The trouble is that I haven't made up my mind on what type of gun I want yet. Probably either a 1911 or something more practical like a M&P in 9mm. I know they're drastically different and that's party of the problem I'm having in deciding. Sadly, the budget won't allow both right now :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom