We're Thick With 10/22's and 336's

Anyone in WMA in need of a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin 336, (combo with scope and mount), we got a batch of both at DSG yesterday. We have standard walnut 10/22's with that new funky receiver finish, (kind of like rhino liner) and we have synthetics with a matte stainless finish....The 336's are standard fare with scope and mount.

10/22's are $189.99 and $259.99

Marlin combos are $399.99 and I have a feeling based on how many we got that a sale may be pending. I think I remember them going for $369.99 last year on sale...

Just a heads up in case anyone was looking...

Mark, what time does the store close and when are you working? I've been getting out of work pretty late, but may be able to slide out to WMA some evening this week. I've been itching to head out your way for a visit, and who couldn't use a 10/22?

i had my 10/22 at the range this afternoon, it's one of the newer rifles like mark has at his DSG--the finish isn't too bad and you don't really notice the plastic trigger guard. overall they are solid little rifles in this new configuration from ruger.

Mark
For the noobs you might list some contact info for the shop or maybe some linkage ?

Looking for a std or Stainless model but wondered if you can order a model with the totally stainless receiver and other parts ?

Or maybe stainless is just a finish and not the actual material that the rifle is made from ?

Anyone in WMA in need of a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin 336, (combo with scope and mount), we got a batch of both at DSG yesterday. We have standard walnut 10/22's with that new funky receiver finish, (kind of like rhino liner) and we have synthetics with a matte stainless finish....The 336's are standard fare with scope and mount.

10/22's are $189.99 and $259.99

Marlin combos are $399.99 and I have a feeling based on how many we got that a sale may be pending. I think I remember them going for $369.99 last year on sale...

Just a heads up in case anyone was looking...

Mark
For the noobs you might list some contact info for the shop or maybe some linkage ?

Looking for a std or Stainless model but wondered if you can order a model with the totally stainless receiver and other parts ?

Or maybe stainless is just a finish and not the actual material that the rifle is made from ?

DSG = Dick's Sporting Goods

i had my 10/22 at the range this afternoon, it's one of the newer rifles like mark has at his DSG--the finish isn't too bad and you don't really notice the plastic trigger guard. overall they are solid little rifles in this new configuration from ruger.

I dont know maybe its just mine that sux butt, but that finish is garbage. I bought one about a month ago and all around the action is flaking. It hasn't started flaking on the outside just all around the cut out and all inside the receiver. I've only put 550 rounds through it. I cant imagine what it will look like after 5000. As far as the trigger it feels good, but that finish I want to call ruger to complain about it.

Last edited:
I have been thinking of getting a 10/22 but I am in CT do you know if that is the price and are they available in any of the CT stores? Or can I get a 10/22 for that kind of price anywhere.

I dont know maybe its just mine that sux butt, but that finish is garbage. I bought one about a month ago and all around the action is flaking. It hasn't started flaking on the outside just all around the cut out and all inside the receiver. I've only put 550 rounds through it. I cant imagine what it will look like after 5000. As far as the trigger it feels good, but that finish I want to call ruger to complain about it.

i have run into an issue with some of the finish flaking around the ejection port but that is because of the cable lock i've got in there wobbling around so as far as i am concerned on my rifle that's all my fault and not ruger's.

I won't quote everyone, as my brain has not started fully functioning yet, so I'll try and remember everything.

First, I work at Dicks Sporting Goods in Pittsfield. It may be a haul for some, but if you're in WMA and can;t find a 10/22, we have a bunch. I work there just about every Saturday, (varied schedule), every Sunday 10a-4p or 2p-7:30p and most Tuesdays from 5p-9p - along with varied weeknights, (drop me a PM if you're planning on coming out and I'll give you my schedule for the week).

I had a customer in Saturday to mount up the excellent Simmons 22 Mag on his 10/22. He has a new one with the RhinoLiner-like finish as well. He was put about 1k down the pipe and the exterior finish looks just fine. The only place I noticed finish wear, was around the ejection port. I hit it with a Birchwood Casey pen and it looks fine. I think this area will be problematic for this finish.

We can absolutely order any Ruger rifle they make - including the Stainless steel model. Be aware however, the stainless steel is only the barrel - the receiver is stainless finish. We get them in sporadically, but the ones we have now are in that Marine Coat-like finish.

2 Bear Arms: You can get these at any DSG and if they're out, they can order for you. Sadly, you can't buy one in Massachusetts, but I'm certain DSG near you has or can get them...

We close at 9pm these days HJG and I'm there tomorrow (Tuesday) from 5p-9p....Would be great to catch up with you! [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom