Went into Boston last night

So I went into Boston last night. Very rarely do I ever go into Boston, so I am not familiar with the area. I went to dinner with some people I work with. We decided to go to a place in the Fenway area. Long story short, as I was walking down the street I saw this huge sign that said "We Buy And Sell Guns" I had to laugh. Then when I go close I could read the bottom where it said. No idea required. Criminals and terrorist welcome, then on the right hand side it said Tell congress to close the gun show loop hole. [rolleyes]

I just shook my head and laughed. The people I work with it was funny to. Although none of them own guns or have an LTC they all support my right to own and carry firearms. Like I said I'm not familiar with the area, one of the other people I work with said its been an anti gun sign for a long time. Before that he told me it said something about renewing the assault weapons ban.

From far away it looks like anything but an anti-gun sign.

That's John Rosenthal, of Stop Handgun Violence. He made his money the old fashioned way -- he inherited it from daddy. He owns that building.

I wanted to take down the part of the sign that says WE BUY AND SELL GUNS and bring it to FS or something lol.

I figured some of you guys spend a good deal of time and Boston and see it all the time.

I hate this sign.. I see it everyday in the summer on the way to work.

He had an anti-NRA one up a while back too.

I don't think slander laws apply in this circumstance..

Kinda off topic, but since its my post i can hi-jack it. [grin] I see your from Texas. It looks like opencarry.org is really trying to make it legal for you guys to be able to OC in TX.

Wow...
what building is the sign on? I've been around the area a bunch of time and never noticed...

I'm not sure of the name of the building, but I'm sure other's here know, since they know who owns it. It is right by Fenway can't miss it.

Last edited:
Kinda off topic, but since its my post i can hi-jack it. [grin] I see your from Texas. It looks like opencarry.org is really trying to make it legal for you guys to be able to OC in TX..

I'm originally from Newton, I just go to college down here in Dallas. But yes, I've heard a little about that. I'm glad, and I'm hoping to establish residency here ASAP to take advantage of their 18-year-old-friendly gun laws. It gets harder every time I go shooting thinking I'd have to wait another 2 1/2 years to get a handgun in Mass.

I drive to work and I see that freaking sign twice a day on the pike...obviously its not a very nice sign. I've also seen posters with exactly the same pictures and words in the financial district of boston too...just like an advertisement ad where the bottom of the page are strips with telephone numbers...these people are stuck those signs everywhere...I think they have been removed already...

You can't miss this sign if you ever go into boston via the Mass Pike

...or if you walk out of Kenmore Square on Brookline Ave on the left-sidewalk and look to the left as you go over the Mass Pike bridge.

On GoogleMaps' StreetView, it is washed out in sun glare, and shows the previous version of the sign.

Back
Top Bottom