Well its finally happened BOSTON Unrestricted ltc has arrived

In MA the it would be a cause celeb-most probably via executive order.

Nah. Not clever enough. Hochul's shenanigans will get smacked down in Healy's first year as governator, and no executive action she'd try to take would survive scrutiny after that. She'll be more subtle.

When this woman becomes governor she will be very busy with other statewide issues vs guns.

Yep. She doesn't care about guns, idealogically. She cares about power. She's working her way up toward bigger prizes.

Yep. She doesn't care about guns, idealogically. She cares about power. She's working her way up toward bigger prizes.

She does not crave power she craves absolute power- via fiat- as all those in the left do this requires the abolition of the Second Amendment which is the major obstacle for achieving their ultimate objectives as far as the United States in concerned. How about a probable Healey/Soros connection?

Did my renewal “interview” on the day after Bruen came down. Looks like the unrestricted “reissues” are going to the printer before renewals. I’m actually ok with that. Enjoy the free!

She didn't surrender, I don't think she has any direct power to stop the FRB from taking the action.
If NY and Cali want to FA with Alito Thomas then they will very likely cause all of the anti states to FO

Give to state and national legal advocacy groups like Com2A and GOA, SAF,FPC in order to allow swift action as opportunities arise.

Edited to fix confusion caused by MAGA level winning streak at SCOTUS :cool:
This. People seem unable to understand that the FRB reports to EOPS which reports to the Governor. The only people who report to the AG are deputy AGs and, maybe, the troopers assigned to her office.

Last edited:
Maura wants the corner office. Time to play nice and confiscate later
1) Maura has nothing to do with this and 2) she doesn’t give a rat’s patootie about the gun owner vote. This is MA. She will get the nomination and will win overwhelmingly. The number of MA gun owners who vote primarily based on gun issues is vanishingly small.

This amazes me. I was expecting more useless obstruction, but my thought is that she knew it was a losing cause and decided she didn't want coverage of herself being associated with loosening gun restrictions, even if she's doing it involuntarily. So doing it quietly keeps the coverage to a minimum.

She's not an idealogue. Everything she does has an element of calculation with it. She must have decided the costs outweighed the benefits. She doesn't seem to feel a need to become known as a 2A crusader, especially when Hochul's already taken that gig.
!00% spot on. Perhaps GOAL or another entity needs to publicly call her our to "thank" her for this move and we look forward to more 2A freedoms in the Commonwealth. We ought to be trying to out-flank her calculated move. Plus, I'm all for stirring the pot and publicly/politically embarrass her.

!00% spot on. Perhaps GOAL or another entity needs to publicly call her our to "thank" her for this move and we look forward to more 2A freedoms in the Commonwealth. We ought to be trying to out-flank her calculated move. Plus, I'm all for stirring the pot and publicly/politically embarrass her.
Better not to embarrass her. Put out a statement, "We are happy that the AGO has come in in support of eliminating restrictions to licensing in accordance with SCotUS which for far too long allowed authorities to disproportionally discriminate against the poor and communities of color in at risk urban areas. This is a civil rights victory for the commonwealth!"

Something like that. Make it sound like she did something good so that she won't want to try and undermine it.

There is literally a shooting every day in the southern Boston 'burbs (take a guess which one leads) I wonder how long before the 'tards pivot to place the blame for all the gun violence on the unrestricted licensing?

I reached out to mine in Woburn. She wrote back requesting more information - but no answer about how they are handling this - and I'm awaiting a reply.
Would you mind posting when you get a response? I also have restricted license in Woburn…I have a feeling they won’t lift it until your renewal.

Would you mind posting when you get a response? I also have restricted license in Woburn…I have a feeling they won’t lift it until your renewal.

Call them. If they say no, call Comm2A.

You have rights.

ETA: Or? As I've said before and gotten whined at, just carry. See garandman's post below.

Last edited:
The Boston.com article quoted:

“If somebody got a license that has target and hunting restrictions, but they’re somewhere other than that [carrying a concealed gun] — if they’re out to dinner — that’s no longer a violation of the terms of their license.”​

Wouburn PD is truly cucked:

If this is the first time you are applying for a License to Carry Firearms (LTC) you will need to EMAIL, the following:

1. Your MA driver’s license.
  2. A copy of your Massachusetts approved firearms-training safety course certificate.
  3. Two (2) letters of reference from anyone other than a Woburn Police Officer.
    Letters of reference from 2 persons who are either known to or otherwise found satisfactory by this Department. Each letter should be addressed to Chief Robert Rufo, Woburn Police Department, 25 Harrison Avenue, Woburn, MA 01801 and be given to the applicant to EMAIL with the whole packet. In addition to general reference information regarding the applicant, each letter shall state that the applicant is of sound mind and character and is believed by this reference to have demonstrated responsibility for the safe possession of a firearm. Each reference must state how long they have known the applicant and the specific basis for their opinion that the applicant is responsible and of sound mind. Each reference must also indicate their willingness to be interviewed by the licensing authority. Name, Address, Phone Number and Signature must also be on the letter so we can contact the reference.
  4. A completed application for an LTC.

I did hear back actually. I emailed the lady about getting a re-issued license with no restrictions. She wanted my license number, DOB, address. A few days later I got a reply that appears to be a general email everyone gets from the Chief saying that my request is being processed...might be a while as they are being processed in the order they are received...the state is overwhelmed with requests. Apparently they mail them out. My address on my LTC is no longer my active one since I moved a few years back but she told me it should be going to the new address. So I'm not sure if you need to do what I did and contact them to get into a queue, or if you'll just get one as some of these articles seem to insinuate. Feel free to PM me if needed!

I did hear back actually. I emailed the lady about getting a re-issued license with no restrictions. She wanted my license number, DOB, address. A few days later I got a reply that appears to be a general email everyone gets from the Chief saying that my request is being processed...might be a while as they are being processed in the order they are received...the state is overwhelmed with requests. Apparently they mail them out. My address on my LTC is no longer my active one since I moved a few years back but she told me it should be going to the new address. So I'm not sure if you need to do what I did and contact them to get into a queue, or if you'll just get one as some of these articles seem to insinuate. Feel free to PM me if needed!
Please don't take this as my shooting the messenger since I know you're only relaying what you were told.
That sounds like a BS maneuver to excuse their slow-walk efforts. Even if they have a thousand cards to send out, that should be doable in a day or three. Add to that the fact that you could stop in to pick it up, and you'd be done immediately (and they'd save a stamp). The only possible delaying factor at that point is if the state somehow failed to send your card to the town.

Back
Top Bottom