Well I went and did it

SKS Ray

NES Member
After some talking about it yesterday on the section for laws, I went and took an old pre ban date Ruger 10/22, some pre ban high cap mags, and a Butler Creek folding stock and made a tactical 10/22 and it shoots like a dream!
I'm hoping the pics are resized through photo bucket.[thinking]

a045b1c7.jpg

bf7082df.jpg

9e9b83ea.jpg

Two magazines worth of ammo, standing at 50 yards, and only 5 shots outside of the orange, i'd say not bad at all.

cb1cd1ec.jpg

Last edited:
Very informative link JonJ. Lots of luck in getting a supresssed 10/22 sniper here in Mass. [sad2]
I once read about a country that used surpressed/sniper 10/22s for riot control. They'd locate people they considered to be the biggest threat and those out in front hurling rocks and bottles and shoot them in the testies! [shocked] That'd make me drop a rock real fast and then some.

Forgot to mention the conponents. Now these are all things i've had laying around for a while and some I got for free so i'm not sure of the prices exactly.
Old Ruger 10/22 for around $150. Pre ban mags, free, given to me by an old friend that stopped shooting back in the early 90s. Folding stock, about $50. Scope, Simmons 3x9 scope, about $30. Weaver see thru rings to still allow use of iron sights, around $10. Ruger sling, free.
Being able to play Joe Tactical Shooter at the range for hours for the mere price of Walmart value pack Federal ammo... priceless!

Great looking gun! Just wondering, I thought I read that folding stocks were illegal? Could someone please clear that up?

The Boston Patriot said:
It looks like you modified one of the walnut checkered stocks from a
10/22 sporter, did you?

TBP

This is a 10/22 with an early 90s date, can't remember exactly when it was made, papaer work is in my folder in the closet, but I know its pre ban date. I was thinking of selling the wood stock because its not in bad shape but I may keep it in case I find the alterations are out of bounds with the Mass laws.

Back
Top Bottom