• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went Full Retard

Hi Noreatserners,

SPOILER ALERT: Purist's avert your eye's or go blind. You've been warned!
Couple few years ago I traded Yugo 59/66 furniture straight across for this Shernic stock set up. I had a SARCO barreled receiver laying about so I thought I'd turn the Khyber Pass Boys lose. This is what we ended up with, Shernic bull pucky. First off, of course, chop the barrel to 18.5", neutered FSB, Alby mag & bolt carrier, and I finally found a use for one of those honky vented gas tubes. At that barrel length, in the Shernic, the OAL is a bust, so I added a Ramline brake pinned and soldered. Good by 1/4 inch now. Tapco piston, Murray trigger job & 2-piece FP, Shernic sock count, the whole she-bang is 922r worthy. Plus, I stayed with the stock 10rd mag which makes it GTG in Kali, even with it's evilness. Needs a light a laser and she's ready for the mall ninja crowd. Weighs at least 5 kilos. I built it for things that go bump in the dark. You don't really aim it at nite as much as you'll use the laser to print. PAX rofl

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I haven't even shot it yet. I'm waiting on a laser to co-witness the Red Dot, laser and BUIS. Eyeballing it, looks like the BUIS is gonna be the weak link in POI versus POA. A laser and the Red Dot should be on the same page more or less. PAX

Last edited:
doesn't look to friendly to the left handers.

Isn't that true for most rifles anyway? But the way an SKS it ejects wouldn't matter, but the bolt carrier slammin back n forth next to you nose might be concerning. I'm still trying to warm up to it myself. PAX

Back
Top Bottom